I few days ago I dropped my pearl. Since then I have not gotten it to work. When I put the battery in, the red LED blinks once, and I think it turns on, but nothing shows up on the screen.
    I am not sure if I have permanently destroyed it or not. Any suggestions?
    01-30-09 04:09 PM
    the only thing i can suggest is rebooting the complete OS but i doubt that would help sounds like something inside screwed up, something related to the firmwear...
    01-30-09 04:44 PM
    well i dont know what to say but if you are totally sure that its the screen the i suggest that you order a new one from here BlackBerry Pearl 8100/8110/8120/8130 OEM LCD screen- Microsoft, Motorola, HTC, LG, BenQ-Siemens, Nokia, Apple, SonyEricsson, NEC, Mob and you can do a reseacrh on youtube on how to disassemble it (its really easy) all you need is a t6 screwdriver and patience, ive done it like 10 times before

good luck
    01-30-09 05:52 PM
    Yes, it is fairly common to thrash an LCD in a hard drop. How old is your Pearl, and did you get any insurance?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 06:06 PM
    Do you hear any sounds? That would indicate that the BB is functioning, but the screen just doesnt work...
    01-30-09 06:12 PM
    Do you hear any sounds? That would indicate that the BB is functioning, but the screen just doesnt work...
    And can you still make or receive calls?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 06:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD