Well not really but I had a near death experience recently. I had turned off my Pearl because I was taking an exam and I didn't want to take the chance that it would somehow ring during the exam and have to take the exam over. So after the exam was over I went to turn it on and it wouldn't turn on! I had just charged it and it had only been on four about an hour! What happened??? It turns out that the theme I was using was consuming so much of my battery. Getting back to the point I was so devastated. I seriously had felt like a part of me had died. I even attempted Blackberry CPR to no avail. So the point of this post is always have a charger near by because you have no idea how attached and how much you need these devices until it dies...
    10-20-08 07:19 PM
    Draw a chalk line around me because I am dead!

Yes, I always carry a charger (wall and car) wherever I go. One never knows when one will need a jump start.

Clear.......ZAPP

Clear.......ZAPP

Clear.......Zapp
    Last edited by msbluelline; 10-21-08 at 02:19 AM.
    10-21-08 02:17 AM
    The title of your thread had me laughing. Glad you managed to work out why your battery was draining.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 02:41 AM
    Thanks for the laugh! How were you able to determine that it was the theme causing the drain?
    10-21-08 07:11 PM
    Thanks for the laugh! How were you able to determine that it was the theme causing the drain?
    I'm not certain but I had just started using the theme (It was the Bold Precision theme) and thats when the problem started but when I changed back to the boring old T-mobile theme I haven't had the problem since.
    10-22-08 04:17 PM
    "Blackberry CPR." LOL! I've had to do that serveral times myself. Thanks for the laugh.

You seriously mean you'd have had to take the test over if your PHONE RANG?

Is Michael Bloomberg teaching your class by any chance?

They should make a CSI episode about this.

CSI: "Well, we've got a dead Blackberry here, and a dead victim. Looks like he's been crying."

CSI#2: "I don't know, Mac. The vic is clutching a RIM charger and a battery pack."

CSI: "Well, found out what took out the Blackberry. It's the theme of death. What we need to find out is who's releasing these Blackberry killing themes on the net. Also looks like he frequented a site called crackberry."

CSI#2: (shudders) "Not THEM again! This is a 3rd Blackberry related suicide! One guy tried to upgrade, one guy tried to backup his third pary apps. All dead from frustration!"

CSI: "Well, we've got to...(ring ring ri....blat!) NO! MY NEW BOLD! IT'S DEAD! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" (pulls out gun, puts it to head...) BAAAM!!!!!!

CSI#2: "Looks like another vic, chief!"
    Last edited by mrsubway; 10-23-08 at 08:51 AM.
    10-23-08 08:45 AM
    LMAO!!! That was to funny! Yes, I would seriously have to take the test (SAT) over if my phone rang, there worried about cheating but you can't cheat if the phone is dead!!! lol

CSI:It appears as if the 8120 owner killed the 9000 owner out of jealousy.
    CSI#2:It appears as if the 8120 owner was jealous of the Bold's large screen and fast 3g connection.
    CSI:Then why is the iPhone owner still alive?
    CSI#2:The 8120 owner didn't want to take the chance that he would get infected with any of the iPhones diseases.
    10-23-08 06:08 PM
    rollin' on the floor laughin' @ your post title!

i keep my usb cord and blackberry plugged in @ work...

you can go into hyper panic/anxiety mode if you think your BB ain't workin'...

thanks for the pre-weekend laugh.

Well not really but I had a near death experience recently. I had turned off my Pearl because I was taking an exam and I didn't want to take the chance that it would somehow ring during the exam and have to take the exam over. So after the exam was over I went to turn it on and it wouldn't turn on! I had just charged it and it had only been on four about an hour! What happened??? It turns out that the theme I was using was consuming so much of my battery. Getting back to the point I was so devastated. I seriously had felt like a part of me had died. I even attempted Blackberry CPR to no avail. So the point of this post is always have a charger near by because you have no idea how attached and how much you need these devices until it dies...
    10-23-08 07:16 PM
    Backing up often is a dandy idea as well.

10-23-08 07:19 PM
    **! What a Great post! I'm still giggling. You have a wonderful sense of humor & put it on paper (well, computer) so well.
    10-23-08 07:28 PM
    **! What a Great post! I'm still giggling. You have a wonderful sense of humor & put it on paper (well, computer) so well.
    thankyou! None of my friends get my blackberry jokes probably because none of them have blackberrys so they don't realize how amazing and addicting they really are. Just remember once you go black you don't go back.

10-23-08 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD