Is it possible to download the 4.5 OS without connecting my phone to my computer? The reason I ask is we get our internet from tethering my husband's HTC Touch. So can I upgrade without connecting it? and if I do have to connect my phone, can I connect it and still have the HTC tethered without the upgrade bothering it? I'd rather be able to download the software and then connect my phone because our other usb cable is at my husband's office. And I'm so ready to get 4.5!
    10-25-08 08:46 PM
    Sorry no. Only way is to install the downloaded OS to a PC and use Desktop manager to install the OS to the device.
    10-25-08 09:01 PM
    Just download the OS while the Htc is connected to the computer.
    Then you can unplug the Htc phone
    You don't need internet access to upgrade your phone. It's only needed to download the os.

Enjoy 4.5

Ps: even if 4.5 was available for OTA, I wouln'd recommend it. This update can take from 30 mins to an hour to be completed. And please do a back up first.
    10-26-08 08:39 AM
    Just wanted to let you know that we (my Hubby & I) downloaded 4.5 today and my phone is doing great! I'm so glad to have mms again! Thanks for your help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-08 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD