BB 8100 ATT

Had a mishap last night, dropped the pearl in some water. Completely submerged, got her out, pulled the bat. Let her dry out over night. Turned her on, got nothing but my Pearl was bright red. Stuck it in front of the heater for a couple hours, now almost completely fine.

This is the problem I am currently having. If I try to select something, like an app, it acts like I hit the berry button to bring up all the options, and then instantly selects the first thing available. Can't scroll through any options.

I have tried reinstalling the OS, now I'm going to try upgrading from 4.2 to 4.5. She's sitting in a bag of rice right now. I have a Pearl from Verizon, if worse comes to worse can I swap mobos, or is that a no go?

Thanks in advance guys!
    01-01-09 01:27 AM
    No, the Verizon will not work in AT&T.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 01:30 AM
    Thanks for the quick response.

I should also mention that there is a small red light above my led Trackball light. When I removed my trackball, you can see it on the top left connector. Only went out when I pulled the batt.
    01-01-09 01:33 AM
    Id say you are very fortunate to regain this level of function from a dowsed berry. I'd think you are going to have at least some problems from its bath. Having said that, I have gotten mine wet 2 times, the first time it seemed bricked. On my morning hour commute I held it out the window, with the battery out and it fully recovered! Good Luck!
    01-01-09 12:31 PM
    haha I appreciate it Gamma, I'm pretty amazed by the level of function as well. Just hoping to get to send texts to people. Anyway to do it without using the trackball/options?
    01-01-09 02:24 PM
    Anyone fixed the trackball before on something like this though? When i cant imagine it would be a hardware issue, as the trackball can move and select things, but I have tried three different OS. I'm going to switch out the actual ball from my Verizon one, see if thats it.
    01-01-09 02:27 PM
    haha I appreciate it Gamma, I'm pretty amazed by the level of function as well. Just hoping to get to send texts to people. Anyway to do it without using the trackball/options?
    Yes. Press the menu putton and then you can type "s" for send and then hit enter. I don't always use my trackball. I would rather hit enter.
    01-01-09 02:41 PM
    Thanks VND, but I cant access any menus. Once I try to, it goes into instant superspeed mode and I cant access it lol I'm going to take a video tonight and hopefully post it, maybe that would help?
    01-01-09 02:59 PM
    Alright guys, I appreciate all the help that was offered, but I have resigned myself to the fact that it has to be hardware. Wiped clean with the JL, swapped trackballs, installed, reinstalled, then did oh I dont know 100 more reinstalls, no dice. Phone works, I can reply to texts. The Apps are useless because I cant get to options, wont be able to add new contacts. Ugh.

Once again, thank you Crackberry people, but it appears as though I am going to have to retire the 8100. Keep the pearls out of the water yall.
    01-01-09 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD