I haven't found a definitive answer on whether ATT's newly released 8120 has GPS. ATT states that it's "Telenav� Maps and Telenav� GPS Navigator capable" - what does this mean if not GPS? BlackBerry® Pearl 8120 Cell Phone - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular

However, Blackberry's website comparison indicates the 8120 does not have GPS (but the 8130 and Cruve 8310 do): BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM)

I'm within my return period for my Curve, which was a replacement for the 8100 I lost. I like the bigger screen and full keyboard (though I'm a lazier typer and make more typos without Suretype forcing me to spell something correctly and completely); however, the Pearl had shortcuts that I used constantly - like one-key TOGGLE between profiles (the # key), I did like the smaller size, and if I could get wifi AND GPS that might be enough to make me go back tot he Pearl.

I'll ask ATT when I get a chance, but often CrackBerry folks know far more about these things than SAs.
    04-02-08 04:19 PM
    I haven't heard of the 8120 having GPS.
    04-02-08 04:41 PM
    8100- nothing
    8110- GPS
    8120- Wifi
    8130-CDMA( GPS, possiblt wifi, but im not sure of that.
    04-02-08 04:49 PM
    That's right. No GPS on the 8120. You can use Telenav and other programs that use GPS using a bluetooth GPS receiver (sold separately).
    04-02-08 04:51 PM
    That's right. No GPS on the 8120. You can use Telenav and other programs that use GPS using a bluetooth GPS receiver (sold separately).
    Ok this clarifies things. So when ATT says it's "GPS capable" they mean "GPS capable if you buy an additional GPS accessory that attaches to the phone"...

Thanks for your comments.
    04-02-08 04:55 PM
    As lame as it is, yes... I hate the word "capable" when it comes to advertising and electronics...

Its like saying my iPod is capable of producing a 40" HDTV image in my living room for watching movies (Flat screen HDTV and Video Cable Kit not included).
    04-02-08 05:06 PM
    As lame as it is, yes... I hate the word "capable" when it comes to advertising and electronics...

Its like saying my iPod is capable of producing a 40" HDTV image in my living room for watching movies (Flat screen HDTV and Video Cable Kit not included).
    LOL yes, NOW I get it!
    04-02-08 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD