I'm a new blackberry user and love it except for one very annoying thing. I travel across timezones daily on my job. Every mobile phone including even the cheapest one's "know" when they cross timezones and correct the time automatically. Can't the Pearl be configured to do this automatically? It's already "old" having to go into the settings to adjust the timezone.
    02-13-08 11:03 AM
    great post
    didnt know about this
    however i am interested to find this out as well!
    thanks!
    02-13-08 11:08 AM
    Wow crossing timezones daily?
    How does tht happen? You fly a lot?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-08 11:09 AM
    Under Options > Date/Time do you have the setting: Date/Time Source: Network?

If not try that out.
    02-13-08 11:11 AM

If not try that out.
    Tried that. Thought myself that would be the correct option. T-mobile suggested that also. Maybe network setting adjusts time to network but timezone setting seems to determine what time is displayed.
    02-13-08 11:22 AM
    Sorry to say no. This has been asked before, and if I remember correctly, the final out come was can't do it.

Just a guess but you live in a state that has a time zone change and drive back and forth.
    02-13-08 12:54 PM
    Well with Sprint I know they do the time change automatically. When I was in Vegas my time automatically changed to westcoast time from eastcoast time.
    02-13-08 01:33 PM
    Well with Sprint I know they do the time change automatically. When I was in Vegas my time automatically changed to westcoast time from eastcoast time.
    WOW, so it must be a T-mobile issue! I fly daily and it really would be nice it it would update itself to the current timezone. Maybe a software upgrade some day
    02-13-08 02:01 PM
    If you change time zone it messes up your calendar I am afraid. As a workaround why not download the free travelmate software - it gives you 5 clocks that you can adjust to any town / country. It doesn't appear on homescreen however.

02-13-08 02:04 PM

If not try that out.
    This normaly works but does not in your case because the time is pulled from the BES. Between Michigan and Hawaii with "network" time on BIS mine is correct everytime. I'm not on BES so I cannot check to see if there is a way around this or not. What you want the BB to do is pull it from the region your connected in and not the BES. RIM has to have encountered this before. Did you search on RIM?
    02-13-08 02:08 PM
    If you change time zone it messes up your calendar I am afraid. As a workaround why not download the free travelmate software - it gives you 5 clocks that you can adjust to any town / country. It doesn't appear on homescreen however.

To make it all work in Bighornrams case appointments would be scheduled in the calendar for the time zone it takes place in. Then, when the time updates all is ok.
    02-13-08 02:13 PM
    This normaly works but does not in your case because the time is pulled from the BES. Between Michigan and Hawaii with "network" time on BIS mine is correct everytime. I'm not on BES so I cannot check to see if there is a way around this or not. What you want the BB to do is pull it from the region your connected in and not the BES. RIM has to have encountered this before. Did you search on RIM?
    I'm confused now. Using "Network" as source when on BES does or doesn't work to automatically adjust for timezone changes? Mine is set to blackberry as the source and I'm using BIS. Should I be set to Network to get the timezone adjustments or leave it as blackberry?
    02-13-08 02:33 PM
    Bighornram - You need to talk to your IT dept. From what I found on RIM it seams this problem occurs when one or more time zones are missing from the BB server Time Tables. It seams there are two tables or two parts to one table. One with the Time Zones and one that is updated as to who is on DST. Your IT dept needs to make sure their BB server software is up to date. However, that may not fix the problem. It appears RIM is always tweaking the Time Tables to make them more accurate. RIM�S work around on the six or seven out of 37 results I looked at was to manually change the time. Sorry, I tried.
    02-13-08 02:34 PM
    I'm confused now. Using "Network" as source when on BES does or doesn't work to automatically adjust for timezone changes? Mine is set to blackberry as the source and I'm using BIS. Should I be set to Network to get the timezone adjustments or leave it as blackberry?
    On BIS mine works with "network" on a Pearl 8100.
    02-13-08 02:35 PM
    02-13-08 02:43 PM
    Procedure

The time zone on the BlackBerry device will not update automatically when travelling from one time zone to another. To manually change the time zone on the BlackBerry device, see KB04943.

That summed it up pretty well. My two cents would be it's a shame that there is not an option available in the config to have the time and timezone update itself.
    02-13-08 06:32 PM
    Ok got it
    02-13-08 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD