I have a top executive wanting to add his personal Pearl 8100 to our BES, but he only wants to receive calendar. I haven't gotten as far as seeing if I can filter out all emails yet, but want to know if I add him if he will be able to distinguish between his calendars. And would he be able to select to view them individually? I know he is running the latest OS available from T-Mobile which is 4.2.1.107. I somehow thought separate colors for calendars only came with 4.5 or higher, but what do I know.

TIA
    Last edited by toylvr; 03-27-09 at 03:01 PM.
    03-27-09 02:19 PM
    I know if you upgrade him to 4.5 he'll have seperate color settings for each notification type. I've got one color for my Yahoo email, and another for Blackberry email. I haven't had a 4.2 OS on my Pearl in so long, I couldn't tell you, but hear's how to check.
    Open calendar, press the menu key, choose select calendars. You should see a list of email accounts, and the option to show all or just one, select show all and escape. Now press the menu key, select options. You should see under calendars each email account should be listed. On mine there's a color square to the left of each one. Select an account, and a list of colors is available. When you sync with outlook, if you set the option to only one notifier, sync one calendar, switch notifiers and sync another calendar, it should be possible to keep each calendar seperate in this way. I couldn't say for sure, since I don't use but one myself, but in theory...

Here's a good article I found on calendar syncing:
    Multiple Calendars on Blackberry 8100 � Greg L. Wright

I hope all this helps you out.
    03-28-09 09:06 AM
    Thanks for your response.

I did go on Blackberry's support site last night and downloaded the User Guides for 4.2 and 4.5. It looks like the 4.2 does not support multiple calendars, as I suspected. I could upgrade his phone to 4.5, but he is on T-Mobile and for some reason they have not sanctioned it yet, even though it has been available for months. If I can convince this guy that I am a pro at doing upgrades (after upgrading to 7 or more betas on my Storm), then I can do what he wants. Otherwise, he will have to stick with OWA or OMA. When we tried to pry his phone out of his hand for a few minutes to set it up he looked like a deer in headlights. I can't imagine he will let me have it for an hour to upgrade. Fine with me!

Thanks again.
    03-28-09 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD