Hello, I recently got a blackberry pearl 8130 (verizon). What im wanting to know is there any way to not have the screen turn on when a SMS message is recieved? so when I recieve message all that happens is it will play whatever the ringer is set for..
    11-27-07 09:46 PM
    Weird.. my screen does not turn on when i get a message.. rather i just have vibrate and or tone and the message light starts blinking...

it doesn't turn on for me unless i press a button..
    11-28-07 02:06 AM
    Yeah, same here. Screen doesn't turn on, just the msg sound and the red light flashes, or it vibrates if it's in the OEM leather pouch.
    11-28-07 07:35 AM
    Same here, my screen doesnt turn on when i receive a text, but i WANT it to... what are your options set up like?
    11-28-07 10:31 AM
    Sorry, What i ment to say is how do i get it to turn the screen on when a SMS message is recieved ?
    11-28-07 05:10 PM
    I want my screen to turn on like I want to live. No one has found a solution yet? Its not even something to do with the backlight, the screen is literally not on without pushing a button.
    12-29-07 04:54 PM
    BlackBerry's are not designed to do this. They only will wake up with hitting a button or taking it out of sleep mode in the holster.... Sorry, I don't think they will ever incorporate this, to me I don't mind..... Also this has been discussed multiple times, please search first then ask
    12-29-07 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD