Brand new unlocked pearl 9100 -- signal strength/reception when using TMoblie SIM is drastically reduced and nowhere near where it should be. (I have a curve and older pearl that will get several bars of network service where the 9100 will get none - true in multiple locations miles apart).

Works perfect with no reception issues/changes with AT&T SIM, so not a hardware issue. Re-installed OS 5 and updated to OS 6 - problem persisted after both. Even though the 9100 can't natively get 3g on Tmobile, shouldn't I be able to pick up edge just as effectively as an older curve or pearl?
    02-24-12 03:47 PM
    I agree with your last statement and sorry I can not help. On my pearl I do get about the same signal strength as on my other pearls. Possibly a Software problem or may even an old sim card?
    03-31-12 02:10 PM
    You cannot get 3G on T-Mobile's network with an AT&T branded device. AT&T and T-Mobile use different frequency bands for their 3G networks. These frequency bands are hardwired into the firmware. You will only get 2G (EDGE) on T-Mobile's network with any AT&T branded device.

Beside T-Mobile branded devices, you could also use devices branded to Wind Mobile (Canada), Mobilicity (Canada), or Cincinnati Bell. Those carriers use the same 3G frequencies as T-Mobile.
    03-31-12 02:17 PM
    Has your problem been resolved eatmybufnes?

So is lak611 saying that if i purchase a blackberry 9100 from one of those carriers i can unlock it and use it on tmobiles 3g??!
    04-22-12 09:24 AM
    Has your problem been resolved eatmybufnes?

So is lak611 saying that if i purchase a blackberry 9100 from one of those carriers i can unlock it and use it on tmobiles 3g??!
    Yes, an unlocked 9100 from Wind Mobile, Mobilicty, or Cincinnati Bell will get 3G on T-Mobile.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Pearllover95 likes this.
    04-22-12 10:49 AM
    Thank you so much! I have been using edge and this is amazing news, thank you!
    04-24-12 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD