Got Alltel Pearl 8130 with ver 4.5 software on it.

Buying DVDs which come with a "digital copy" for ipods, zunes, etc. Problem is, it comes as a .wmv (windows media player) file extentsion. Pearls won't play them.

I've tried SEVERAL programs to convert them to .mp4 & .3gp but everyone will start converting then after 5-10 seconds will come and and say finished. Latest convertor I tried was "Super Convertor". I did take an .avi and conver it to either .mp4 or .3gp (dont' remember which) and it worked fine, but this wasn't a "digital copy". I'm trying to convert Dark Knight and have got Bolt that i want to work on my Pearl.

Now I know it ain't gonna be the best way to watch these movies, but it's a challenge and I've put some effor into it and am trying to figure out how to do it.

Any help?

Thanks,
    Brian
    Coeburn, VA
    04-02-09 12:23 PM
    Blackberry doesn't support DRM infested files.

Meaning the same copyright protection set on the files to stop "piracy" is preventing you from playing files you paid for.

There are applications that will remove the DRM but no one can advise them here as that would be going against forum policy for copyright circumvention, sorry.
    04-02-09 12:34 PM
    I found a program "Sound Taxi" that claims they can copy them for this reason, but doesn't say anything about converting them to .3gp.

Any idea if this will work. I'm willing to pay the 39 buck if it works.
    04-02-09 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD