I have the right OS installed on my computer and I am trying to use the Blackberry Device Application Loader to show the things I have/don't have installed on my phone (like the Blackberry Messanger, and a few other things). I am trying to figure out how to get the Application Loader to show these options for my phone but it is not even showing the OS. I have done this before but it was in Sept of last year and I totally forgot how to do it. If anyone can help. Thanks.
    04-29-09 02:23 PM
    Try deleting and reinstalling the OS onto the computer. I had a problem with my laptop and had to do this 3 times already.
    04-29-09 03:15 PM
    I have reinstalled the OS on my laptop a few times and I had it installed but for some reason when I use the Desktop Manager and Application Loader, it doesn't show the old applications that I had taken off like the Blackberry Messenger. I do want to add the Messenger and Password keeper back to my phone but I can't figure out how to go about it. A while back I changed the OS on my phone and everything worked perfectly and I took off the extra programs to free up some memory on my phone and I just can't remember how to undo that and re-add them! Guess its time to read more on this again. Thanks for the help!
    07-08-09 01:41 PM
    Same problem here. I want to add Password Keeper back but the only apps that are showing in the App Loader in DM is 3rd Party Apps.

My OS is .282
    07-08-09 04:24 PM
    Same issue here, any fix?
    09-10-09 04:03 PM
    Maybe try using an older verison of DM to do the install? You'll also need to uninstall the previous BB OS and reinstall it... the main thing is to make sure to remove all of the old OS stuff permanently from your computer.

If you just upgrade to the newest OS, you should be able to do this... I installed v.169 last night onto my 8130 with DM v5.0 and was able to choose which version of messenger to install (4.5 or 5.0) and if I wanted to install any of the old apps that I had removed that came with the phone initially.
    09-10-09 06:41 PM
    You need the OS presently on your device, to get the list, and if you forget to delete the vendor.xml, it won't show unless it's from your carrier. I would use DM 4.5 or 4.6, DM 4.7 and 5.0 are a little trickier, and completely unnecessary.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 06:50 PM
    Yeah for some reason I never had a problem with that when using DM 4.5, but whenever I upgraded a while ago to the newer versions, it wasn't as accessible.
    09-10-09 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD