Please Help...Im freaking out here and so desperate. I dont know what happened. My trackball stopped working...well everytime I push on it, it wont do anything! it still scrolls up/down/sideways. it clicks when i push on it but nothing happens. I dont know what to do. if anybody knows how to fix this situation please help me. I didnt drop it or anything. last night it was still working, I went to bed after making a phone call, then this morning it doesnt work anymore...what happened there? Im getting by using the options and enter button instead of just pushing my trackball. I cant stand having my BB injured like this. I have full insurance and everything but I know theyll just send me a refurbished one and I dont want a replacement. I have too much stuff in my BB. It's my lifeline... I cant afford to wait for a new BB anyway coz Im going on my vacation, trips...all over the place for a month. any ideas? please help me....
    08-09-08 03:51 PM
    1) Try a battery pull

if that doesn't work...

2) Try blowing air into your keypad with some canned air.
    08-09-08 03:53 PM
    Please Help...Im freaking out here and so desperate. I dont know what happened. My trackball stopped working...well everytime I push on it, it wont do anything! it still scrolls up/down/sideways. it clicks when i push on it but nothing happens. I dont know what to do. if anybody knows how to fix this situation please help me. I didnt drop it or anything. last night it was still working, I went to bed after making a phone call, then this morning it doesnt work anymore...what happened there? Im getting by using the options and enter button instead of just pushing my trackball. I cant stand having my BB injured like this. I have full insurance and everything but I know theyll just send me a refurbished one and I dont want a replacement. I have too much stuff in my BB. It's my lifeline... I cant afford to wait for a new BB anyway coz Im going on my vacation, trips...all over the place for a month. any ideas? please help me....
    Relax, turn off the phone and take the battery out for 30 secs, and out it back in.
    08-09-08 03:53 PM
    Tried the battery pull....did the canned air....no results.. what gives? help..

1) Try a battery pull

if that doesn't work...

2) Try blowing air into your keypad with some canned air.
    08-09-08 03:58 PM
    Hmmmm....Well try redman's advice and try a battery pull for 30 seconds. Otherwise....did you try moving the trackball when it's pushed all the way in?
    08-09-08 04:01 PM
    took it out for a full 5 mins.....NADA.. any other Ideas?

Relax, turn off the phone and take the battery out for 30 secs, and out it back in.
    08-09-08 04:01 PM
    I tried moving it while its pushed all the way in...it moves around but I still cant click on stuff....

Hmmmm....Well try redman's advice and try a battery pull for 30 seconds. Otherwise....did you try moving the trackball when it's pushed all the way in?
    08-09-08 04:07 PM
    Are you serious?? Freaking out and desperate over a phone device?
    And here I thought something serious happened..

Return your phone to your store and get it replaced... and if your 30 day is out.. get it replaced through your phone insurance.. If you don't have that.. then bite your lips and buy a new?
    Not the end of the world.
    Last edited by Namji; 08-09-08 at 04:19 PM.
    08-09-08 04:16 PM
    Thanks Namji!!!!!! any other suggestions? anyone?

Are you serious?? Freaking out and desperate over a phone device?
    And here I thought something serious happened..
    Last edited by devildoc0612; 08-09-08 at 04:25 PM.
    08-09-08 04:19 PM
    I'm just going through the motions I would go through with you. Did you try a soft reset? Also, when you push the trackball down, does it click?
    Last edited by boxofrain; 08-09-08 at 04:32 PM.
    08-09-08 04:28 PM
    Go outside.. gently place your phone under the tires of your car and drive over it.. All done.. you don't have to worry about it any longer.
    08-09-08 04:32 PM
    yes...same results = trackball not responding

I'm just going through the motions I would go through with you. Did you try a soft reset?
    08-09-08 04:32 PM
    release all that hate on other forums... watcha think?

Go outside.. gently place your phone under the tires of your car and drive over it.. All done.. you don't have to worry about it any longer.
    08-09-08 04:33 PM
    I had the same thing happen. I locked my keyboard then sprayed a lens cleaner cloth with lens cleaner and vigorously rubbed the front of my berry. Voila! It worked for me I hope it works for you. Don't spray the berry directlly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-08 04:43 PM
    Thanks KC, im doing it right now....so far its not doing anything but im Optimistic...

I had the same thing happen. I locked my keyboard then sprayed a lens cleaner cloth with lens cleaner and vigorously rubbed the front of my berry. Voila! It worked for me I hope it works for you. Don't spray the berry directlly.

08-09-08 04:57 PM
    Take the track ball out and clean it.

08-09-08 05:58 PM
    Don't panic I had the same thing happen except i couldn't use any buttons all i could was move the trackball around. What i did was go to verizon and explained what happened, luckily my phone was still under warrenty and they sent a new one (probably refurb) free of charge. As far as you apps and stuff go just do a back up, when this happened to mine I was still able to connect it to the pc and back up all my info and i just restored it to the new one when i got it.
    08-10-08 01:40 AM
    When you push in on your track ball does it spring back up? If it doesn't come back up then it is broken & it will have to be repaired by rim am waiting on a replacement for my pearl now it was sent out Friday so I should get it Monday & its for a track ball issues mind still works but it is ruff its under warranty so I hope they will send me a new one but I don't know if it will be or not I will just have to wait & see.

08-10-08 09:22 AM
    The same thing happened to me with 3 different Pearls! Go to a local store and speak with a manager. They replaced my Pearl 3 times at Verizon and after the last time I had had enough. I went in again yesterday and they offered me a Curve for no charge. I loved the Pearl, especially the small size, but the trackball problem seems to be an issue for a lot of people. I have had the Curve since yesterday and I like it. Once I get used to the size and keyboard I'm sure I will like it even more!
    Moral of the story is don't panic. Take your phone into a store and see what they will do for you.

08-10-08 10:26 AM
    Thanks for everyones tips and advice...just went ahead and talked to the T-Mo reps and they cant promise me a new out of the box phone but they said theyll send a like new pearl(refurb). Well, Im kinda disappointed since a just bought my pearl like a couple months back and im getting a refurb....but oh well they said they are gonna waive the express shipping....I hope it all goes well this time around...Again, Thank you all for your help...Its highly appreciated....This is why CB rocks, its not just the website...its the helpful people..
    08-10-08 02:25 PM
    I'm on my third phone in six months...each time I am more careful than the last. My first pearl went through **** and lasted the longest. Something is wrong with the track ball design...it has to be...I have been more than careful with my last two phones and I still keep having to return phones to my provider. I'm getting tied of returning phones. I love the Pearl, but this is silly.
    P.S. yes I have tried the soft reset/ hard reset, and general prayers to gods that don't seem to care.
    11-18-08 12:12 AM
    Just go to T-mobile and have them give you a new track ball, or order one. They's like $9 on the internet. I doubt its an OS problem if you can still scroll. Until you get it fixed, hight what you want to use and his the "enter" button. no biggie
    11-18-08 09:54 AM
    I got a replacement BB straight away from my carrier. The salesperson took one look and replaced it.
    11-18-08 12:56 PM
    I'm having the same problem. The trackball will not act as an "enter" button. I have to use the actual "enter" key on the keyboard. And I have found NOTHING.
    12-15-08 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD