I purchased my 8100 only because the screen was brighter than any other phone I've used (for old eyes), and the volume was loud enough for my old ears to hear in the mill I work at.

I do not subscribe to any of the BB services. I only need the phone to make phone calls and occasional text. And it does these things well, and I really like the voice dialing feature. However........,

I would like to download some pics and ringtones though, and I can't seem to get the Desktop software to load on my computer since I don't have the appropriate email service information to tell the software to complete the setup.

Is there some way I can get some software for my PC to communicate with my BB?

I appreciate any help from someone with a little more savy than me,

Woody
    02-07-09 09:16 PM
    If all you need is to transfer ringtones and pics to your computer, then you dont need desktop manager at all!

The media manager on there called Roxio, is a waste of time and effort.

Just plug in your BB with the USB, then open the folders that you have on your SD card, then from there, you can drag and drop the files/pics you want from your computer directly to your phone.

Its clean,quick and virtually requires no computer knowledge.

Just my .02
    02-07-09 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD