Hi, I got a new computer and reinstalled my BB desktop manager to the new computer. When I plug in my BB to the computer and try to use it though desktop manager, the program says that there is no BB connected. My usb cord is practically brand new and had no problems with the other computer. Please help!
    05-06-09 06:46 PM
    Velocity,
    Are you using the version from the disk that came with your phone or have you upgraded? Reason I ask is that the version that was on my disk was 4.5. I had the same problem with my phone and my wife's phone but when I upgraded to the 4.7 version, it worked. Don't know what that had to do with it or if it was just a coincidence.
    05-06-09 07:14 PM
    i'm using the version that came with my phone. perhaps I will upgrade, is this software available for download from this site? thanks for your reply
    05-06-09 07:42 PM
    Goto Blackberry.com

Then chose SOFTWARE at the top of the screen>BlackBerry Desktop Software> and then click on Download in the middle of the next window that loads. You will then get another screen with a dropdown "---Please Select a Product---"

You BlackBerry Desktop Software versions will be listed at the top.

Run your BB Desktop Manager and look at the bottom left to see what version you are running first. I went from 4.5 to 4.7 with no problems.
    05-06-09 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD