I have a blackberry Pearl 8130 and I received an email from someone and for some reason I can not delete that email from my phone. It has a red X by it and I have tried deleting it numerous times, but it just will not let me. If anyone can help me with this problem it would be much appreciated.
    07-15-09 07:36 PM
    Red X is usually an outgoing message that didn't send.

Try going into messages > bb button > view folder. Search through those and see if you can find and delete message.

Also look in saved folder.

Then try a battery pull and try deleting again if above didn't work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 07:46 PM
    I tried doing both of your suggestions, but neither worked. It just will not delete. Do you think that I might have to get my phone completely reset?
    07-16-09 03:17 PM
    This happened to me once and the only thing that got rid of it was to reload the OS through the desktop manager. I've also had my phone get stuck with a "new" BB messenger message, but there was nothing there. Battery pulls never worked for those problems.
    07-16-09 03:38 PM
    you might be able to manually delete message stores from the desktop manager. if you dont feel like doing a full reload of your os, you could probably do a full backup, wipe handheld, and restore from backup.
    07-16-09 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD