Has anyone ever experienced their call log and emails deleting on its own? i had this happen many times and even exchanged devices 3 times.. it still happens ocassionally and i dont know why...
    05-11-07 12:42 PM
    you are experiencing the notorious Pearl Memory Leak. all the Pearls have it, so its not an issue with only particular phones. basically, your device thinks its running out of memory, so it starts deleting stuff...namely, call logs and emails. to avoid this, try to free up as much internal storage as you can (i.e. delete the sample vid, delete language packages you don't use, etc.) and try to make a conscious effort of deleting text/emails/messages that you no longer need on your device.

also, resetting your device on a regular basis...perhaps every other day, right before you go to bed or something, would help. after you've freed up a bunch of storage, check your status to see how much free storage you have...then use the phone for a couple days, and you'll notice its going down (especially if you do a lot of emailing, etc.)...then reset the phone, and you'll see the number go back up. its wierd, and there has been no fix for it yet.

best thing is to install SoftReset (its a free app) that essentially does a battery-pull reset w/o you having to actually pull the battery.

hope this helps!!
    05-11-07 04:34 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com jmccoy513! Cheungsta got it right. Let us know if you have any other issues.
    05-11-07 04:41 PM
    thanks Cheungsta.. I love my pearl as well

PIN 204D4756

Kasperapd, thanks...
    05-14-07 07:22 AM
    you are experiencing the notorious Pearl Memory Leak. all the Pearls have it, so its not an issue with only particular phones. basically, your device thinks its running out of memory, so it starts deleting stuff...namely, call logs and emails. to avoid this, try to free up as much internal storage as you can (i.e. delete the sample vid, delete language packages you don't use, etc.) and try to make a conscious effort of deleting text/emails/messages that you no longer need on your device.

also, resetting your device on a regular basis...perhaps every other day, right before you go to bed or something, would help. after you've freed up a bunch of storage, check your status to see how much free storage you have...then use the phone for a couple days, and you'll notice its going down (especially if you do a lot of emailing, etc.)...then reset the phone, and you'll see the number go back up. its wierd, and there has been no fix for it yet.

best thing is to install SoftReset (its a free app) that essentially does a battery-pull reset w/o you having to actually pull the battery.

hope this helps!!

I have had my logs disappear also, but never knew why.. is there a more advanced person here that would know if clearing the event logs would help this? ("ALT +lglg") Also if its ok to clear that log?

Kevin
    05-14-07 10:48 AM
    My First post

I have Storm, and I have the same problem, emails deleting once ive read them, very annoying, my call log seems to be fine though.

Guy
    01-13-09 05:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD