is there a way to compose a text message and set it up so that it sends at a different time. For instance, if I get off work at 3 AM and dont want to disturb people in the middle of the night. However if I want to send a message to someone so that they recieve it when they wake up like 9am can i set it up so that it sends at that time? I know I can save a draft but I dont want to wake up to press send.

Thanks.
    09-08-08 06:35 AM
    I am not aware if this is something we can do.
    09-08-08 08:49 AM
    I don't believe so

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-08 09:01 AM
    I have been wondering the same thing. It amazes me that people have not come up with a way to do something like this yet. Of course, if you want to use this as reminders for yourself, you can use the alarm function, but not delay messages to other people. There should definitely be a way to post-date emails also. I have been searching for a while to learn to do this and have come up empty - like the Pats season most likely will.... FLY EAGLES FLY!
    09-08-08 09:12 AM
    I see that this conversation was started 1 1/2 years ago, but the need is still there. I have had a couple of occasions where I would have loved to type out a text and delay it's being sent. An example is New Years Eve. I was with a group of friends and we were sitting around waiting for midnight. To sneak away to write the text and then send it would have been obvious so this would have been perfect. Write the text a couple of hours or even a day a head would be ideal. There are of course many other perfect times. Like tomorrow...

Anyway I am hoping that since this was started someone has found an app that does just that, delay a text being sent.
    Thanks,
    Teri
    01-12-10 11:21 AM
    I see that this conversation was started 1 1/2 years ago, but the need is still there. I have had a couple of occasions where I would have loved to type out a text and delay it's being sent. An example is New Years Eve. I was with a group of friends and we were sitting around waiting for midnight. To sneak away to write the text and then send it would have been obvious so this would have been perfect. Write the text a couple of hours or even a day a head would be ideal. There are of course many other perfect times. Like tomorrow...

Anyway I am hoping that since this was started someone has found an app that does just that, delay a text being sent.
    Thanks,
    Teri
    its funny...my old cheesy free motorola phone i had with verizon had the ability to do just this. i wanted to text my carpool, for example, that i would not be riding with them in the morning. with my old phone i could compose the message late at night and set the send time to the next morning at 5 am. saved me from waking them up at night and me from waking in the morning. you'd think something like a crackberry could do this!
    02-24-10 09:56 AM
    Does anybody know if this app is available or around yet? I get off of work early in the morning and do not want to disturb people by sending text msgs at 3am-6am, and would like them to go later, around noon. If this is possible, please let me know. Thank you.
    04-22-10 05:47 AM
    For the people who search this on google, this is possible.

I found a free app (for the rest of this year) called TXTLater, which will let you delay sending text messages with yur blackberry. it can even do calls and e-mails too.
    08-09-10 04:19 PM
    It is not a BB App but it can get done what you need
    08-26-10 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD