Hi, I bought my first Blackberry yesterday (Pearl) and have been setting it up today.

I've got it on an o2 contract with the unlimited blackberry tariff.

I run my own web business and have set up my company email address on my blackberry, but have noticed it can take up to 10 to 15 mins to receive an email onto my blackberry via my pop3 address.

Is this normal with the set up or should it be arriving almost instantly?

I'm sure this will be the first of many questions of the next few days/weeks.

Thanks in advance.
    Mark
    05-16-07 10:06 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com

I suggest forwarding your pop3 email address to your BlackBerry email address, that would make it instant. If you just add pop3 accounts to your BIS (service provider) it will take anything from 10-15 minutes before it's delivered...
    05-16-07 10:46 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com

I suggest forwarding your pop3 email address to your BlackBerry email address, that would make it instant. If you just add pop3 accounts to your BIS (service provider) it will take anything from 10-15 minutes before it's delivered...
    Hi, Thanks for you reply. Doesn't that then miss the point of having a blackberry. I thought any email set up would be instant. Also if I forward them on from my pop3 account to my Blackberry, I wont have the option of removing them from the server will I ?

Does it depend on the provider (for example O2 in this case), because a friend of mine has a Pearl on T-Mob and reckon they get emails to a pop3 address within about 2-3 mins.

Thanks again for your help with this.

Mark
    05-16-07 11:00 AM
    I wouldnt say it defeats the purpose. Unless you can carry your laptop or PC on your hip. Lets face it, most of us even if we are not busy, take 10-15 minutes to reply to an email.. Welcome to blackberry land though Norfy
    05-16-07 11:21 AM
    If you're using GMail it's virtually instant. But, for pop (the main email account that you use) to have it INSTANT, you should forward a copy of emails received by that account to your BlackBerry email account. All email will still remain on your POP account, since only a copy would be forwarded to your BB account...

It's all about getting email instantly...
    05-16-07 11:24 AM
    sorry, I didn't mean to sound as if I was having a moan... just having a crap day with other things. Anyway, thanks for your advice and I look forward to reading more hints and tips on this site. Thanks
    05-16-07 11:26 AM
    Or you could always get on a BES and it would be instant. There are plenty of hosted BES providers if you don't have the need for your own server.
    05-16-07 01:07 PM
    Or you could always get on a BES and it would be instant. There are plenty of hosted BES providers if you don't have the need for your own server.
    What are some of those providers? Links? Thanks!
    07-19-07 03:50 PM
    ...You can also install your personal BES (1 license) for free, if you want to play with it...
    07-19-07 03:54 PM
    I wanna play!
    07-23-07 06:39 AM
    I wanna play!
    If you install BES, don't forget that you have to change your program from your provider, from BIS to BES. At least here, the cell providers gives them as seperate bb programs.
    07-23-07 09:01 AM
    If you're using GMail it's virtually instant. But, for pop (the main email account that you use) to have it INSTANT, you should forward a copy of emails received by that account to your BlackBerry email account. All email will still remain on your POP account, since only a copy would be forwarded to your BB account...

It's all about getting email instantly...
    So if you have one email address to which everything is forwarded, what if you don't want people that you send to seeing this meaningless forward-only address? I understand I can set up the reply-to, but does that mask the address?
    07-31-07 01:13 PM
    I would also like an answer to ctevolitz's question as I am also considering using that option---but I need emails I send to still show as from my business account.

Thanks in advance.
    03-17-08 10:03 PM
    I think there is probably a problem with Blackberry at this time. I have been using Blackberry since the Blackberry Tour 9630 came out and always get my emails instantly, now I have a Blackberry Curve 8530 and have 7 accounts set up (Gmail, Yahoo and 5 Pop3) For this whole week all the emails in all my accounts have been arriving hours later.
    We currently have 7 Blackberry Curve 8530 with Boostmobile in my company and we are all getting delays in emails. I have tried resending the service books and restarting the phone but still having problems.
    05-19-11 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD