My first bb 8120 lasted me 7 days. In the morning, I found the phone with a dead screen. The keypad and ball lights are not working. The phone takes calls and connects to DM, and has 14mb memory free.
    I performed several battery pulls and every time the red LED comes on for a few seconds, gos out, but the screen never comes alive. I know the phone works, though, cause it picks up calls, and connects to my PC via DM. Does anybody have any idea of what can be wrong with it?
    10-01-09 11:12 PM
    Sounds like faulty hardware. With the phone being only a week old I would just go exchange it for a new device. Bad hardware just happens sometimes. Since it is only a week old and I'm assuming that you bought it new I would insist on a new replacement and not a refurb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 12:25 AM
    I was afraid of that. I bought it new on e-bay and also bought warranty for it, but the warranty will not accept any claims in the first 60 days!! So I'm back to my SE walkman for another two months.
    Thanks anyway.
    10-02-09 12:58 AM
    That warranty is the exact opposite of what it should be. If the seller doesn't wish to do an immediate exchange, I would take it up with PayPal, before you expire your time limit to dispute the purchase.
    10-02-09 05:21 AM
    Hopefully you used Paypal for the transaction, try what BBW said first.

If for some reason you're not able to get an exchange or refund, you can try to reload the OS on the phone to see if that helps. If the phone appears to be working properly but none of the displays are working, there may be no fix for that short of replacing said hardware.
    10-02-09 12:22 PM
    Hopefully you used Paypal for the transaction, try what BBW said first.

If for some reason you're not able to get an exchange or refund, you can try to reload the OS on the phone to see if that helps. If the phone appears to be working properly but none of the displays are working, there may be no fix for that short of replacing said hardware.
    You know the whole no TrackBall Lights part made me cry a little.
    10-03-09 08:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD