So with Daylight Savings coming up this weekend, I thought I'd go ahead and post this question (being my first time-change w/ my BB):

Will my Blackberry automatically change time on Daylight Savings, or like time zone changes, will I need to do this manually? Do I need to allow BB or my network to control my date & time?

I ask because I have to get up extremely early Sunday morning, and my BB is my alarm clock.

Thanks in advance. This would appear to be a newbie question, but I appreciate your patience.
    03-04-08 10:18 PM
    Fair question. I'd think it would adjust since this is more of a basic "feature". We'll see this weekend!
    03-04-08 10:40 PM
    i don't think it automatically updates. :|
    03-04-08 11:34 PM
    i don't think it automatically updates. :|
    If you have your date/time source set to network, it should update automatically.
    03-05-08 12:39 AM
    I believe it does, due to the fact that there is a DST patch, to match the new DST rule,
    03-05-08 01:13 AM
    If you have your date/time source set to network, it should update automatically.
    hm. why won't it update when i change time zones then?
    03-05-08 02:13 AM
    Crap we're springing forward right? That means I'll be getting home from work at 2am instead of 1am. That's gonna suck.
    03-05-08 02:14 AM
    it does, indeed, suck.
    03-05-08 02:22 AM
    hm. why won't it update when i change time zones then?
    Cate, this is because it has no way of knowing exactlly where you are on the network. Example: Say you live on or near the zone line, one cell tower in on time zone, second cell tower in another time zone. Your BB is always looking for the best signal, switching between towers. The time on your phone would constantly be changing thinking you were crossing back and forth even though you weren't.
    I'm sure there is a more technical reason, but it's to early, and I'm to lazy to look for it!
    03-05-08 04:29 AM
    That's why like living in Arizona. I never have to change my time haha.

ShermanJames

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-08 04:53 AM
    Yea us lucky folks in Arizona don't believe in that DST stuff. Makes everything a lot easier for us.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-08 05:04 AM
    If you are using the network clock source in your options/date & Time settings it will auto update
    03-05-08 07:52 AM
    Interesting question. But makes sense that if your time is set to the network that it would adjust automatically as we can assume their network time does auto adjust
    03-05-08 09:27 AM
    Lose out on another hour of sleep and time to party!!! LOL
    03-05-08 09:36 AM
    seriously....

like I really can afford to lose ANOTHER hour of sleep???

-db

that is my least favorite week of the year...

it takes me a week to get used to it...
    03-05-08 11:22 AM
    seriously....

-db

i'm with you on that one. i have to be at church at 6am that morning! that's 5am to my body! i don't function that well, that early.
    03-05-08 11:24 AM
    seriously....

-db

I agree db... It will be like me being at work at 7:30 am instead of 8:30 am. Monday is going to suck!!!
    03-05-08 11:26 AM
    i try to force myself to go to sleep early....

but it never works and i end up staying up even LATER....

just angry knowing i will be tired and grouchy the following morning...

-db
    03-05-08 11:30 AM
    Time changes this coming weekend not last weekend? Ooops. No wonder I've been getting odd looks at work every morning.
    03-05-08 11:42 AM
    nutssss! i forgot about daylight savings...well at least now there will be more sunshine...providing it stop percipitating every day in boston.
    03-05-08 11:46 AM
    nutssss! i forgot about daylight savings...well at least now there will be more sunshine...providing it stop percipitating every day in boston.
    Howdy neighbor!
    03-05-08 12:23 PM
    Howdy neighbor!
    HIIIII

are you not super excited for it to stop snowing and raining?
    03-05-08 12:30 PM
    I can deal with the rain, I can deal with some snow, but I am just tired of the cold. Can't wait to get outside and do something... even yard work!
    03-05-08 12:42 PM
    we had one day in the sixties...

then it snowed the next day...

i would gladly cut the grass if it would warm up...

-db
    03-05-08 12:46 PM
    i would even cut the grass if it would warm up!... i might stop halfway through, but at least i would start.
    03-05-08 12:52 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD