First off, I have to say that as a new BB owner I find these forums to be a great help. Thank you all for the great information.

I have an 8130 from Verizon that I have been using for a couple of weeks and found to be almost perfectly reliable (one issue with the call logs, that's the only problem I've had and it was fixed by pulling the battery and putting it back in). However, I've been trying to optimize the free memory to keep it working smoothly, and have a couple of questions about database sizes:

1. Why do I have 4 Calendar databases? I installed Google Sync, and sync with my BB calendar, but 4 calendars? One is 6.5k, another is 0.5k, and the other 2 are 0k. (Is this OK? :-)

2. What is the Content Store? It's almost 1500k. Can I reduce the size?

I've seen John Clark's excellent memory optimization post, but I can't use it until RIM releases a proper Mac desktop manager app.

Thanks for all of your help!
    04-15-08 07:38 PM
    ALOT of us on here have been trying to figre out this content store thing, some people say its the preloaded stuff, but i deleted the stuff as per the memory optimizer, and it is the same size for content store.

1500k is alot tho i think.
    04-15-08 07:40 PM
    i would recommend using someone else's comp to download dm on and run the items in the thread because pulling your battery is only a temp solution and the content store has call logs and texts in there so clear them out regularly and i'm not sure about the calendars
    04-15-08 07:42 PM
    Welcome to cb!!
    04-15-08 07:42 PM
    1. Why do I have 4 Calendar databases? I installed Google Sync, and sync with my BB calendar, but 4 calendars? One is 6.5k, another is 0.5k, and the other 2 are 0k. (Is this OK? :-)
    How many email address do you have added to your BB?
    04-15-08 08:32 PM
    How many email address do you have added to your BB?
    That is, in the contact list, about 20 have emails. I have about 30 contacts.
    04-15-08 09:33 PM
    That wasn't what I meant. How many email addresses do you have added to BIS?
    04-15-08 09:42 PM
    ...I've never added an email address to BIS, I don't think. I have one Messenger contact. Is that what you mean?
    04-15-08 09:58 PM
    Nevermind.
    04-15-08 10:06 PM
    I have 4 calendar databases as well. One is 57k and I'm assuming that this one is my BES calendar and the other three are 0k. I have two gmail accounts set up with BIS. I'm guessing that the duplicates are garbage in the sense that the OS doesn't delete the DB. It only empties it out.
    04-15-08 10:41 PM
    04-16-08 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD