I don't want to be addicted to my pearl and I have access to e-mail/internet all day anyway. Is there a way to limit the amount of times the pearl will go seek e-mails? I am going to make sure my yahoo/gmail accounts don't forward the mails to my pearl, but what else can I do to make sure I don't have unnecessary data charges other than very very very limited browsing?

Before everyone jumps down my throat with the "Why did you get a blackberry" stuff let me ask you this: Why did you get a SUV when you don't go off-roading? Thanks.
    11-09-07 02:52 PM
    You can turn off data services until you need them. Under Manage Connections>Mobile Network Options>Data Services... Turn it off that will make it so your phone will not do any data.
    11-09-07 05:47 PM
    Don't add your email accounts to the BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-07 06:55 PM
    I don't want to be addicted to my pearl and I have access to e-mail/internet all day anyway. Is there a way to limit the amount of times the pearl will go seek e-mails? I am going to make sure my yahoo/gmail accounts don't forward the mails to my pearl, but what else can I do to make sure I don't have unnecessary data charges other than very very very limited browsing?

Before everyone jumps down my throat with the "Why did you get a blackberry" stuff let me ask you this: Why did you get a SUV when you don't go off-roading? Thanks.
    Not ALL of us who own BBs ALSO have SUVs.......and I am sure that the majority of people will not judge you for how you use or don't use your blackberry.
    Last edited by dlgus; 11-10-07 at 10:22 PM. Reason: My "tone" was wrong
    11-09-07 07:15 PM
    If you don't want data just get a RAZR
    11-09-07 07:25 PM
    Well that's a ridiculous question, since not ALL of us who own BBs ALSO have SUVs.......and I am sure that the majority of people don't give a care how and what you use YOUR BB for--at least I don't.
    What is w/ the attack? I have an SUV and don't use it for off roading. My point is just b/c you have a 4x4 doesn't mean you will use it for it's true intended purpose. Like the blackberry just b/c it has great data capabilities doesn't mean I MUST use it for those capabilities. I want a device that is a PDA, phone, texting, mp3 player device not called an iphone. Does a RAZR have a calender/organizer capability as good as BB? Nope.

How is that a ridiculous question? I sit at a computer all day and have access to my e-mail and internet pretty much 24-7. If someone really really needs to contact me they can call/text me. Add the $30-$40 monthly data capability to your voice plan, plus your tivo subscription, plus your dish/cable, plus your netflix, plus your home phone (if you have one), plus your gym membership, plus entertainment expenses, plus gas, it all adds up. Just trying to save some $$. What is wrong or ridiculous with that? Sorry I just don't have an unlimited telecom budget like some people.

If you truly didn't care then you would not have replied. This forum is around to ask questions and get information - not for insults.

For everyone else thank you for your input and thanks for contributing.
    11-09-07 08:35 PM
    No question is ridiculous. I've sent a PM to dlgus to explain this...
    11-09-07 08:52 PM
    I don't own a TiVo. I watch shows on the internet.
    That saves me Tivo $$$.
    11-09-07 08:55 PM
    I didn't think you could activate the BB with verizon WITHOUT a data plan???
    Maybe i'm wrong but I didnt think they allowed it.
    11-10-07 09:09 AM
    I think verizon has a less expensive plan for 10 mb of data instead of unlimited. That might help its like half as much.
    -db

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-07 09:13 AM
    I didn't think you could activate the BB with verizon WITHOUT a data plan???
    Maybe i'm wrong but I didnt think they allowed it.
    you can't. you have to activate it w/ data. You can switch or reduce the plan later but it must be activated w/ a data plan. My government rep said I could cancel the plan all together and go w/ a pay-as-you-go plan which is why I posted the question originally.
    11-10-07 09:02 PM
    No question is ridiculous. I've sent a PM to dlgus to explain this...
    Actually you didn't "explain" that, you just told me my tone was wrong and that I should consider it a "warning".....with that in mind, I went back and edited my post and though I must say I called the SUV remark as I saw it, it was not my wish to attack OR to offend.

I hope that suffices.
    11-10-07 10:25 PM
    What is w/ the attack? I have an SUV and don't use it for off roading. My point is just b/c you have a 4x4 doesn't mean you will use it for it's true intended purpose. Like the blackberry just b/c it has great data capabilities doesn't mean I MUST use it for those capabilities. I want a device that is a PDA, phone, texting, mp3 player device not called an iphone. Does a RAZR have a calender/organizer capability as good as BB? Nope.

How is that a ridiculous question? I sit at a computer all day and have access to my e-mail and internet pretty much 24-7. If someone really really needs to contact me they can call/text me. Add the $30-$40 monthly data capability to your voice plan, plus your tivo subscription, plus your dish/cable, plus your netflix, plus your home phone (if you have one), plus your gym membership, plus entertainment expenses, plus gas, it all adds up. Just trying to save some $$. What is wrong or ridiculous with that? Sorry I just don't have an unlimited telecom budget like some people.

If you truly didn't care then you would not have replied. This forum is around to ask questions and get information - not for insults.

For everyone else thank you for your input and thanks for contributing.
    I am sorry that you were offended. Perhaps if you had explained that you had an SUV, but didn't use it for off roading, it would not have sounded (to me)as if you were trying to explain your use or non use of your BB by ragging on people who had SUVs and didn't use them for off roading.

I have since gone back and edited my post to you, I hope that you find it less of an attack now, since it was never my intention to attack OR to get anyone up in arms.
    11-10-07 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD