I give up on this phone.........total bs that this phone has not been released or even a mention of a release date. Thank you so much carriers for keeping us in the dark.......if you think this creates excitement of an upcoming release....wrong answer...this has to be one of the worst examples of a possible US launch that one can remember.........by the way, been a huge fan of bb since the early early days.......

REGARDS,

THE SPINNING HOUR GLASS

PS. April 26, 2010 - RIM launches the Pearl 3G
    July 2, 2010 - Still not a Word Uttered of Possible US Launch
    Last edited by aholmez; 07-02-10 at 07:08 AM.
    07-02-10 07:04 AM
    It's up to the carriers to release the phone, not RIM. If you want one so bad, they can be had now, albeit for a premium.
    07-02-10 08:43 AM
    He did say carriers... He never mentioned RIM...
    07-02-10 10:08 AM
    He did say carriers... He never mentioned RIM...
    the little edit word? who cares, rim - carriers, the op is spot on - I am sick to death of my 8120, I want to jump ship asap and there is nothing to jump to that I like but this device. getting one from ca or ebay or craigs does little good if one is with tmo and they want 3g. rim and/or the carries do not have it together, plain & simple, period.
    07-02-10 10:36 AM
    I gave up as well.. my previous phone was completely toast and I had to get something. The last straw was when my phone spontaneously put a call on speaker without my touching it..

After my umpteenth call to Telus "when the heck are you going to offer the pearl in a color other than pink?" I had to throw in the towel and grab a Bold 9700.

The story I got, from multiple people at both Telus and and the retail level, was that there are manufacturing problems with the black pearl.. as in there were keys falling off. No joke, that is what one person told me.

Who knows if that is true, but at this point it's pretty obvious that something isn't right.

Anyways, I have to say I am pretty happy with my 9700

The good thing for all of you is that now that I have thrown in the towel, they will probably be releasing this phone very soon
    07-02-10 10:54 AM
    the little edit word?
    What does that mean?
    07-02-10 11:01 AM
    What does that mean?
    it means the op used edit to change rim to carriers. when you edit something it tags the post with an 'edit' comment. nbd
    07-02-10 11:06 AM
    it means the op used edit to change rim to carriers. when you edit something it tags the post with an 'edit' comment. nbd
    Yeah I know how the edit button process works.... But how do you know that he changed that particular point? He posted at 7:04 and changed it at 7:08... the guy that replied posted at 8:43... So even if he did change it, why did the 2nd post reflect on the facts its a carrier thing and not RIM?
    07-02-10 11:11 AM
    Yeah I know how the edit button process works.... But how do you know that he changed that particular point? He posted at 7:04 and changed it at 7:08... the guy that replied posted at 8:43... So even if he did change it, why did the 2nd post reflect on the facts its a carrier thing and not RIM?
    do you really care about this? think big picture man.
    07-02-10 11:14 AM
    No, I only corrected the first post, and you brought up the edit thing...

I agree it is bs, b/c there are tons of people that would jump on this phone in a heartbeat.
    07-02-10 11:16 AM
    I am making things up as I go along, lol. the idea of getting the device from WIND maybe this month and maybe not does not thrill me..sure it has a warranty but sending it back to ca is a major pita if something were to happen. If I could type on the 9700 I would not even bother with this anymore. actually thinking of getting another 9700 and using a case of some sort, maybe the extra beef would make it easier to hold but that was only one issue, I just found I was hitting all the wrong keys. as soon as a windows 7 device comes out with a physical kb and a tight outlook sync like the lightning RIM is going to wonder wtf happened. shortly they will not be in the drivers seat anymore and its for reasons like this. business people like to plan and RIM or the carriers dont I guess. sorry for the rant but this sucks
    07-02-10 11:28 AM
    What if you guys buy another phone, and then the 9100 comes out? Will you
    wish you had waited? I know I would...
    07-02-10 11:36 AM
    What if you guys buy another phone, and then the 9100 comes out? Will you
    wish you had waited? I know I would...
    I buy em for cash and sell em for cash. I view whatever I get as a stop-gap anyway. the second something comes out with a modern, fun os, decent battery life, physical kb, outlook sync inc tasks and notes and a good quality cell I am history. there are always companies to start a trend and then ones to carry it forward, much like yahoo and google. I am not betting that RIM is in this for the long haul but that is just me
    07-02-10 11:49 AM
    I guess that I'm lucky that I never have had to do a warranty exchange on
    a BB... I hope if I get one from Wind, it will be another good phone.
    07-02-10 12:04 PM
    wow you are lucky, I am on my 8th 8120 - the one I got a few weeks ago has a bad usb port.
    07-02-10 12:19 PM
    Regards from Germany...

Our Carriers doesn't release it too at the Moment. Maybe there are to many Problems with the Pearl 3G?

Only the White 9700 is in sight for July.
    07-02-10 12:34 PM
    i give up too. im not waiting for a 9100, especially since we dont even know if os6 will be supported. not only am i bailing on the 9100, but im bailing on rim. i want a phone with enough memory to have apps and enough room for memory leaks without slowing down the phone. im sporting the 8100 over here, and it is painful (but i do love the keyboard). ill prolly get an android phone when tmo comes up with dual core processor phones
    07-03-10 04:27 PM
    Actually, we do already know that it will support OS 6.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-10 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD