For the last 3 weeks, I was not able to run the Media Manager option from the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

After clicking "Media Manager", It would try to configure DAO and an error would appear stating that it cannot locate the DAO.msi file. This caused Roxio to hang and crash (never launch).

I called Sprint Customer Care and they did just told me to download the DM from BlackBerry instead of running from the CD. I reloaded DM a few times, (from CD and from the BlackBerry download version) but that did not help the problem.

I finally looked it up and found this:

http//forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=2334
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    1- Unregister it by typing this at the command line-
    regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\dao\dao360.dll"

2- Register it:
    regsvr32 "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\dao\dao360.dll"

Go to START/RUN then copy and paste the Unregister command in the run box. Press OK
    Do the same with the second command to register.

ninja.gif initialize the roxio product you are using.
    If this fixes your problem, please post with the video adapter you are using.
    This fix so far has worked on all the built by ATI AIW radeon and AVIO cards.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Running the two regsrv commands above solved my problem.

Now Media Manager works like a champ. Just thought I'd share in case someone else has this problem.
    12-09-07 06:47 PM
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    1- Unregister it by typing this at the command line-
    regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\dao\dao360.dll"

2- Register it:
    regsvr32 "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\dao\dao360.dll"

Go to START/RUN then copy and paste the Unregister command in the run box. Press OK
    Do the same with the second command to register.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Running the two regsrv commands above solved my problem.

Now Media Manager works like a champ. Just thought I'd share in case someone else has this problem.
    THANK YOU!!! This was killing the brand-new high that my Curve was giving me ... but no more!!
    05-15-08 11:05 AM
    Worked for me - used to have a MotoQ, died on me and went to the 8330. The DAO message was driving me crazy - this worked. Thanks! I have an ATI All In Wonder video card.
    11-15-08 05:05 PM
    thank you so very much, I unistalled and re installed many many times, then I read this and it worked.

thanks
    12-07-08 06:31 PM
    You rock, nuff said
    01-04-09 02:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD