So a friend and I decided to take apart my phone today, since my rails were damaged, so we took off the battery cover, than pulled out the battery, and than undo the two clips, and as I lifted it up, to push forward, I managed to scrape a party] of the green stuff, I'm not quite sure what it is, but I managed to flatten it, but it's still kind of wrecked.

Can someone please verify that, what I wrecked, would it cause any damage in terms of performance? I'm quite concerned right now, So all the input would greatly be appreciated.

This is the section...

04-01-09 04:19 PM
    a decent picture would probably help the electronically smart people out a bit
    04-01-09 04:23 PM
    this is the best I can for now.. Zoomed in all the way ( top view )

This is when you're looking at it straight.

You can tell how it doesn't look straight, since it got crunched up, so I re straightened it.
    04-01-09 04:35 PM
    To be specific as to where I damaged it. Once you take off the plastic piece with the carriers name on it, On the left hand side there's a circle, and right under that, a patch got crunched up, while I was lifting the plastic piece over, but decided to re straighten it.
    04-01-09 04:36 PM
    Are you talking about the green "important looking" stuff? below the keyboard, and under the black cover that says "Tmobile" or whatever? I damaged mine about three months ago, trying to install new rails. I just flattened it and nothing seems to have gone wrong since then. Works fine...for now. lol Hope this helps.
    04-02-09 11:16 AM
    Are you talking about the green "important looking" stuff? below the keyboard, and under the black cover that says "Tmobile" or whatever? I damaged mine about three months ago, trying to install new rails. I just flattened it and nothing seems to have gone wrong since then. Works fine...for now. lol Hope this helps.

That's what I basically did to mine. Hopefully all is well. *( knocks on wood )
    04-02-09 11:47 AM
    This is off ( locoberry's ) thread ( hopefully he doesn't mind ) but to give you guys a clear perspective.

This is the Exact piece that I damaged.

The little strip right under the circle. Mine is not as bad as this, but it gives you a general idea as to what I damaged.

What does this do? Is this a main problem that I should be worried about?
    Last edited by Mikey_D; 04-02-09 at 11:56 AM.
    04-02-09 11:52 AM
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    04-02-09 11:58 AM
    why is it full of rust?
    04-03-09 07:53 AM
    why is it full of rust?
    Mine is not full of rust, I took this picture, to give a general idea as to what I broke.
    04-03-09 11:27 AM
    Mikey D (& locoberry) - I think you're talking about the phone's antenna. Glued on green tape looking thing that maybe says "HDW-11497" on it? It will tear a bit every time you remove the bottom cover, but the phone should still work. Don't worry about it unless you lose reception. If this happens, the only way I know of fixing this is to purchase a complete case that has the antenna already installed.

But locoberry, you should worry about making the Blackberry swim so often, now that's not good! I've seen 2 units get dropped in the toilet and both did not recover. You've been very fortunate.

Hope this helps.
    04-03-09 07:08 PM
    Mikey D (& locoberry) - I think you're talking about the phone's antenna. Glued on green tape looking thing that maybe says "HDW-11497" on it? It will tear a bit every time you remove the bottom cover, but the phone should still work. Don't worry about it unless you lose reception. If this happens, the only way I know of fixing this is to purchase a complete case that has the antenna already installed.

Yeah, it says "HDW-11497" on it. I only got concerned last night, because my girl was saying that my phone got disconnected ( signal faded ) but wasn't sure if it had to do with the little piece getting damaged a bit, or maybe her phone is just a P.O.S

I just find it odd, how you mentioned that this piece will tear a bit every time the bottom piece is removed.
    04-04-09 12:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD