Does anyone else have a problem with not being able to see any words in the custom dictionary? I open it and it says "no phrases" Theres some words that i mistyped that got saved, but I can't delete them, because theres no list.

i have .180 (the latest t-mo one)
    03-04-09 01:29 PM
    You will only see entrys you have entered here. Once you enter a word you can click on it to edit it. It is best to enter multitap mode for this task.
    03-04-09 10:04 PM
    I agree with 88. There's got to be another dictionary somewhere besides the Custom Dictionary. Where does the BB store learned entries, i.e. stuff that SureType suggests that you backspace over and fix like people's names? SureType somehow recognizes my employer when I type "NAVTEQ", yet the custom dictionary in my BB is completely empty.

I suspect the BB recognizes three word sources:

1. AutoText
    2. Custom Dictionary
    3. Any words or names in the contact list

Use the Search application to find out if the misspelled word appears as a name or text entry in any of your contacts.
    03-04-09 10:48 PM
    My old pearl 8120 running 4.5 had a custom dictionary where all the words it learned were stored. Obviously it either doesn't work on here or it goes somewhere else. Where could that be?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 01:18 PM
    any thoughts?
    03-12-09 10:15 PM
    Try making a backup to see if they pop back in. If not, you might have a bug in your OS. If your up to it, upgrade to a newer OS or reload your old one.
    03-16-09 03:57 AM
    I've been on 2 8220's. The first only ran .151 and learned words filled up the custom dictionary. The second has run .151 and .180 and the custom dictionary has remained empty. I have reinstalled the OS several times and this does nothing. It is very obnoxious because now I have no way of removing all the jumbled words from SureType.
    03-22-09 02:18 PM
    You have me completely stumped. If a battery pull and an OS reboot wont make your phone work.... I'm not sure that there is anything that will. A new device is the only option or live with it.

I know, it sucks. Sorry
    03-22-09 02:25 PM
    Mine is doing the same thing, always has.

As above, with my old pearl, everything would show up in the custom dictionary.

With the flip, only the ones I enter will show up. The "learned" words don't.

This is a terrible bug for a phone with this keyboard.
    08-25-09 04:19 PM
    09-06-09 07:29 PM
    Like the OP, over the past year my Flip has managed to learn dozens of mistyped words. Naturally these typos never show up in the Custom Dictionary. When I go to Options->Custom Dictionary, it's completely empty. Yet when I backed up my phone today, it took DM 10 seconds to backup my custom dictionary.

Here's how I cleared all of those invisible learned words. Go to Options->Custom Dictionary. It will be empty. Press Menu->New. Create a nonsense word like "whackberry" and save it. Your Custom Dictionary will no longer be empty. Now you can press Menu->Clear Custom Dictionary to get rid of all the learned words. It will even warn you, "This will remove all learning data. Are you sure?" Press YES!
    11-02-09 11:55 AM
    Like the OP, over the past year my Flip has managed to learn dozens of mistyped words. Naturally these typos never show up in the Custom Dictionary. When I go to Options->Custom Dictionary, it's completely empty. Yet when I backed up my phone today, it took DM 10 seconds to backup my custom dictionary.

Here's how I cleared all of those invisible learned words. Go to Options->Custom Dictionary. It will be empty. Press Menu->New. Create a nonsense word like "whackberry" and save it. Your Custom Dictionary will no longer be empty. Now you can press Menu->Clear Custom Dictionary to get rid of all the learned words. It will even warn you, "This will remove all learning data. Are you sure?" Press YES!
    Ahh thanks! I always wanted to know how but failed to do so until i found ur post.
    05-30-10 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD