I'm finally fed up with my Pearl and its complete lack of reliability in receiving MMS messages, which is a shame because otherwise I love this phone. But this one little thing is such a deal breaker for me that I'm going to get something new. Since T-Mobile has the Moto KRZR listed as their nearest alternative phone (yeah right) I'm actually going to have to pay for this phone myself. So I'm torn between the BB Curve and a T-Mobile Dash (HTC Excalibur). Has anyone had any experience with these two phones? The Curve is about $100 more expensive, is it worth it? I just want a phone that has MyFav's, a full keyboard, and a camera. If anyone else has a good suggestion on something along those lines let me know
    04-11-08 04:30 PM
    I know the tmo guy told me to stay away from the dash. Said he sees more of those returned for repairs than anything.
    04-11-08 04:39 PM
    Sorry bro i never even heard of the CRuve but I would still get it over the dash
    04-11-08 04:42 PM
    For what you want in a phone you can always get a Sidekick but I don't recommend it. Get the Curve you will be more happy with it than the Dash. Dash in my opinion never made it. No one I know ever cared for it. At this point it's an old and dying phone... It'll probably be off of T-Mobile's line up very soon plus there are tons more stuff for BB than the Dash...!
    04-11-08 05:12 PM
    curve

or 8830
    04-11-08 07:52 PM
    Curve!!!! BB's rule!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-08 07:59 PM
    Curve for sure its more stable and feature rich!
    04-11-08 08:14 PM
    Curve all the way. Not a big fan of WM anyway
    04-11-08 08:16 PM
    Curve is infinite times more better than the Dash could ever wish to be (coming frome someone who was coverted to BB after owning a Dash)

1) Windows mobiles SUCKS!
    2) Such crap that when I updated to a new OS, it became worse crap...had to send it in to TMo for a new one, the 2nd one was crapola right out of the box...ended up trading it in for an 8700g...love at first touch!
    3) The only good thing I can say abt Dash was the rubberized body...I soooo miss that. But now that I've got a Curve, I have it encased in a skin, and life is perfect.

I would never dream of going back to anything else, much less WM, and to put it simple, I feel sorry when I see anybody with a Dash (yes, I am a BB Snob and lovin it!!)

Hope that helps...save yourself the trouble, and jump on the BB Curve bandwagon!

E

04-12-08 10:05 PM
    I've had both the dash and the curve. The dash sucks. Nothing but problems. Constantly crashed. Constant memory problems. The curve is the way to go believe me.

04-12-08 10:08 PM
    You'll be happy with the curve

04-12-08 10:16 PM
    Have you decided on the Curve yet? Don't even bother breaking it down b/c it's not worth it... get the Curve already! Windows Mobile sucks from day one... I had it 7 years ago and then got the Dash and it's the same ole' S*$&! It sucks......
    04-13-08 12:31 AM
    I don't think WM 'sucks'. It's got some benefits over BB OS.

What about the Shadow? Ever thought about that? If I was on tmobile and wanted a windows phone. I'd choose that over the Dash.

It has a Suretype-style keyboard. Not sure if that's a deal breaker for you or not.
    04-13-08 12:56 AM
    I've never had the Dash because I've never had T-Mobile.. but I do have the Curve & I couldn't be happier
    04-13-08 01:12 AM
    The Curve
    04-13-08 07:35 AM
    The Curve....BB Rocks!!
    04-13-08 01:58 PM
    Are u kidding??

Windows Mobile sux.

Curve is what u need.
    04-13-08 02:00 PM
    Curve it up
    04-15-08 10:09 AM
    Um not to be rude, but i dooooont quite think the Shadow and the Dash are the same type of phone...he obviously wants a full keyboard...?

E
    04-15-08 10:22 AM
    Are u kidding??

Windows Mobile sux.

Curve is what u need.
    I'll save the BB/WM debate. All I was saying is that there are some great things about the WM OS. Not being objective is pretty juvenile.
    04-15-08 10:27 AM
    Um not to be rude, but i dooooont quite think the Shadow and the Dash are the same type of phone...he obviously wants a full keyboard...?

E
    I was suggesting his options. I never said they were the same type of phone. He did mention he wanted a full keyboard but I was trying to offer some other phones that me may not have heard of.
    04-15-08 10:30 AM
    I had The Dash before I had the curve. Its a good phone. The email is slower then the BB. when you first set up the email on the Dash it asks When to go out and check your email. This causing battery problems. I would have to charge the phone twice a day. The blackberry uses the Push. which is great. My word if it means anything go for the curve. I love the dam thing.
    04-15-08 10:53 AM
    Curve all the way
    04-15-08 03:54 PM
    I just switched from a Dash to a Pearl. I can tell you that a Curve or Pearl is a far better machine than a Dash. Now mind you my Dash has never broken or had any hardware issues. What kills it is the OS WM5 and WM6 are really poor performers, full of sec. holes. slow slow slow. My advice get a Curve. PS - I have never has a problem with MMS on my pearl maybe your MMS issues is fixable.
    04-17-08 08:53 PM
    The curve rocks!
    04-17-08 08:57 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD