I have been lurking for a while and finally joined the forums to ask a question. This is the place to find out info about upcoming phones, and I was curious if anyone had any idea on whether or not RIM plans on continuing making Flip style phones, or if this is somewhat of a isolated thing? I love my 8230, and hope that they continue to make more Flip phones with new and improved features. Any info or theories are welcomed.
    09-18-09 01:28 AM
    I don't think they are done but I would not expect one soon. I think the next thing will be a slider style phone. A storm like touch screen with a slide out keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 01:34 AM
    I think RIM would be foolish to discontinue the Flip line. I remember reading a statistic somewhere that 75% of the dumbphone buying public has flip phones. I think there are a lot of people out there who want a smart flip instead of a touchscreen tablet phone or your usual calculator style BB.

I agree with pkcable that they are not done with the flip, but done for the moment. IMHO further Flip models will be variations on the 8220. Look at the recent models spawned by the 8800 form factor.

09-18-09 08:01 AM
    I want a flip with full qwerty but keep the bottons big too, I got big fingers and hands

09-18-09 11:56 AM
    Thanks for the responses all. I am looking forward to seeing some new devices from RIM. I guess we shall have to wait and see.
    09-18-09 02:02 PM
    RIM, if you do build another flip, PLEASE put data contacts as well as charging contacts on the bottom of the phone so you can sync as well as charge with the phone sitting in the dock.
    09-18-09 10:34 PM
    RIM, if you do build another flip, PLEASE put data contacts as well as charging contacts on the bottom of the phone so you can sync as well as charge with the phone sitting in the dock.
    Seconded. I do love my cradle as it is too though.
    09-19-09 02:27 AM
    Oh my gosh I think I would *love* a slider-style phone

I really love the flip, but for being a small woman w/fairly small hands & fingers, I would truly appreciate a full screen keyboard to type while I am NOT driving!

P.S. This is my first post from my Flip

09-20-09 10:06 PM
    HTC had released a Winmo flip back in 2006 and had gone no further with it. When I heard about it I became excited and bought it used (immaculate condition) for $35. Not a fan of full size smart phones at all. Companies really should put out more smart flips and make them up to par with their open faced brethren
    09-21-09 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD