there is a cracking noise that comes out of the back of my pearl 8110 all of a sudden when i receive a call or text. has anybody else encountered this?
    06-24-09 09:14 AM
    I have an 8130 but have never had that problem. I don't know if this seems probable but maybe the speaker is blown? Really the only thing I can think of.

Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 11:58 AM
    I've had that before I think. If it sounds like the back of the phone when you receive and audible alert its most likely a bad speaker. I took mine in let them hear it and it was replaced via the mail in two days with Alltel and their support company with no charge since it was within the first year

06-24-09 12:55 PM
    Yeah I agree it might be your speaker... Is it cleaned back there? If you have mp3s on it does it sound crackly as well?
    06-24-09 12:57 PM
    yea its clean, mp3s sound OK not the best. it must be the speaker. i'm paying for the insurance with at&t so hopefully they can take care of it. thanks for the help guys!
    06-24-09 02:26 PM
    You might want to check under your media options, my 8130 has an audio boost option that gives a warning. Something like "by activating audio boost, you could excede the maximum safe speaker volume." I've never turned it on before, just noticed it one day.

Possible cause of speaker distortion maybe?

06-24-09 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD