i have the blackberry pearl 8130. how do i get rid of the character limit for text messages. like on other phones im able to keep on typing and it will send as two messages. how can i do that? also my phone seems a little sluggish how can i fix that. i already uninstalled any programs that i wasn't using. thanks
    07-13-08 04:19 PM
    i have the blackberry pearl 8130. how do i get rid of the character limit for text messages. like on other phones im able to keep on typing and it will send as two messages. how can i do that? also my phone seems a little sluggish how can i fix that. i already uninstalled any programs that i wasn't using. thanks
    I'm not sure you're able to remove the character limit for txts. That is one thing that annoys me a little bit because I have Verizon and on my old phone I too could continue typing and send up to seven messages worth of characters that are all sent as one message! And as for your phone being sluggish... how many mb do you have of free memory. Go to Options>Status and it will tell you there. Do you keep all of your texts, emails and phone logs? Follow the link in my sig and it will take you to a noob friendly step-by-step guide to free up a ton of memory on your phone... Thanks to Stoner!!
    07-13-08 04:25 PM
    a regular phone is limited to 160 letters for text but on my pearl i haven't run into limits on text messaging.
    07-13-08 04:27 PM
    The character limit may depend on carrier.

I know the char limit for SMS is 160, but on my TMo Curve I can continue typing and typing and my txt will send as one message. There is just has a little counter on the top of the text and once you hit 160 it says page 2, then after 320 page 3... etc
    07-13-08 04:27 PM
    The character limit may depend on carrier.

I know the char limit for SMS is 160, but on my TMo Curve I can continue typing and typing and my txt will send as one message. There is just has a little counter on the top of the text and once you hit 160 it says page 2, then after 320 page 3... etc
    Dang that makes me mad because everytime I get to 160 characters it says "Field Full" and I have to send that message and open a whole next sms and continue writing on the new one. Very frustrating because I don't like to half a** my texts. I put thought into each one
    07-13-08 04:39 PM
    i checked out the page in your link and it help thanks. i got another question. i just updated my pearl to the latest verizon firmware and i now have a shortcut to trooper typing. how do i get rid of that shortcut?
    07-13-08 05:24 PM
    For VZW, once you hit that 160 limit, the field is full and you have to start a 2nd message to complete your original message. It *is* a PITA...that's for sure!
    07-13-08 05:57 PM
    i checked out the page in your link and it help thanks. i got another question. i just updated my pearl to the latest verizon firmware and i now have a shortcut to trooper typing. how do i get rid of that shortcut?
    This seems to be a verizon issue as others have had the same. Delete it from your app list and reset the device.
    07-13-08 06:17 PM
    i went to options - advanced options - apps - and i couldnt find it. is there another way to delete it?
    07-13-08 06:43 PM
    yea that shortcut doesnt go away. i downloaded and installed trooper tying. it went away and then when i uninstalled the program the shortcut came back. and it doesnt even show in the app list. is there any other way to get rid of it?
    07-15-08 07:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD