I got a new pearl over the weekend and so far this web site has been an awesome source for info. Since i do not have unlimited SMS i want to make sure that some of the features i would like to use are going to use the data portion of my plan instead.

1. I used the personal email setup wizard to link to my gmail account. Does this use SMS or data to send those emails into my email folder?

2. AIM. Again with my SMS concerns. I've read that one program (jivetalk) uses data instead of SMS and was wondering if there are any other programs out there which do the same that are free. I'm only looking for an AIM client as i dont use any other IM software. I noticed RIM has an AIM client but could not find out if it used data or SMS.

3. How do i hide my messages folder? (edit) Just figured this one out so i guess now it would be useful to know how to unhide all teh crap i'm going to hide.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Last edited by chrisj0fc0usn; 11-05-07 at 02:38 PM.
    11-05-07 02:32 PM
    1. Any email account you have setup uses data, not SMS

2. I'm 95.4% sure that any IM client you use aside from IM+, Rabmle, JiveTalk etc. will use SMS and not data. Best to purchase one of those and just use your data and not waste SMS.

3. Click the "Show All" on the same menu as "Hide" to view all your hidden icons.
    11-05-07 02:48 PM
    2. I'm 95.4% sure that any IM client you use aside from IM+, Rabmle, JiveTalk etc. will use SMS and not data. Best to purchase one of those and just use your data and not waste SMS.
    Are you not 95.6% or even 98%?

Thats an accurate figure to give
    11-05-07 03:00 PM
    Are you not 95.6% or even 98%?

Thats an accurate figure to give
    Not even close to 98% .. maybe 95.6% if I do a llittle more recon. But I'm sticking with my guns for now - and even that may be overshooting it a bit.
    11-05-07 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD