...or at least I don't think it is. I've put some contacts into the address book on my 8130. Later, when I look for them, they're not in there. I have three filter categories: Personal, Business, and Everything Else. All my contacts are under Everything Else. When I select Personal, there are no contacts displayed. When I select Business, there are no contacts displayed. Ok, so maybe I didn't save the new contact or something, but for this: When one of those new contacts calls me, the caller ID shows the contact name I used when I put in the contact! So, my caller ID knows that contact, so the contacts are in there "somewhere" although they can't be found under any filter. I called Verizon tech support and the very nice person just kept fiddling with the 3 filters with the same result every time -- none of these new contacts could be displayed. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot. Chris
    10-13-08 03:40 PM
    do u have a memory card? if so... i cant help you but... if you dont thats the reason. the reason i say that is because if you dont have a lot of memory the phone will just start deleting your stuff. so try deleting some messages and other stuff that takes up space and see if that works out for u! ur welsome!!! = D
    10-13-08 06:34 PM
    When you go into your address book and press Menu / Options, does the "Number of Entries" match the number of entries you can physically count (assuming you have a small number)?

"Everything Else" is not a standard category. Did you create it? Is it on your list of filters? If it is, what do you see when you check that box? What do you see when no boxes are checked?

Low free memory can cause you to lose sms messages and old calendar appointments. I've not heard of it causing address book entries to be deleted, but what is your Options / Status / File Free amount in bytes?
    10-13-08 11:20 PM
    Same problem. Any answers?
    11-27-08 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD