The other day I bricked my pearl. It wouldn't boot. Thanks to an article on crackberry.com, I was able to reload the OS... well, a newer version of the OS. This was mostly a positive experience as I got some additional apps that AT&T didn't have in my original flavor. However, I'm not real keen on one aspect of the contact list and I can't seem to find a configuration option to fix it...

The "it" that I'm referring to is that previously I had one line per name on the display. Now I have two lines per name. I notice that if I fill in the "Company" field, it will occupy that second line, but most of my contacts don't use that field, so I have a lot of blank lines and a lot of wasted screen real-estate. Is there a way to "opt out" of this line and get back to a single line per name? Maybe a different theme? I tried a couple, but they were the same... but maybe some themes are different?

I know it's mostly cosmetic, but it seems to scroll slower with all of the blank lines and it just looks unpleasant.
    12-08-09 02:41 PM
    That was a change some like me like, and most seem to hate. No way to change I though, just the bad that has to be taken with all the good.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD