Starting today, I have had to pull the battery & perform a hard reset. I have noticed on several occasions that I have no internet. After pulling the battery its seems to correct itself temporarily.

Does this possibly seem like it could be a hardware problem? Its the first major issue that I've had, and its getting old.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-07 11:02 AM
    Hard reset? As in wiping the memory clean and starting from scratch or a 'soft' reset where you pull that battery and then let the phone start up as normal?
    12-03-07 11:29 AM
    Soft reset. Sorry, I'm new to this whole blackberry thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-07 12:04 PM
    Not to get all technical but a soft reset is when you turn the device off with the power button. A hard reset is when you remove the batter while device is still on.

When my berry starts doing weirdness (much like you were discribing) i just put the berry back in the holster then pull it back out and that seems to resolve many things, for me atleast.
    12-03-07 01:57 PM
    Not to get all technical but a soft reset is when you turn the device off with the power button. A hard reset is when you remove the batter while device is still on.

When my berry starts doing weirdness (much like you were discribing) i just put the berry back in the holster then pull it back out and that seems to resolve many things, for me atleast.
    I come from a Windows Mobile platform...what do blackberry users call it when you do a complete memory wipe and reboot the phone then?
    12-03-07 02:08 PM
    I'm having similar issues, I've pulled the battery a couple of times but mostly I can just hold the power button down and then turn back on. Then I notice it shuts its self off and then comes up with the spinning hourglass for about 30 seconds then verifies security settings. Once this is all done it seems to work ok. I thought it was a feature of sprint.
    12-04-07 10:11 AM
    I come from a Windows Mobile platform...what do blackberry users call it when you do a complete memory wipe and reboot the phone then?
    That would be called a "wipe"

Shoot, and I just ran out of paper...
    12-04-07 10:39 AM
    There is a known issue with the memory on the newer BB's. You could try and update the software to the new Telus release, which I did and seems to fix most of the problems.
    12-04-07 12:43 PM
    There is a known issue with the memory on the newer BB's. You could try and update the software to the new Telus release, which I did and seems to fix most of the problems.
    how do you do that?
    I am with Telus as well.

Yesterday my 8130 stopped recieving email, I tested and confirmed it wasn't working... I turned it on and off several times, but was too busy to deal with it further.

This morning the radio stopped working, and I couldn't get it to connect.

removed battery for a minute... and now it works??
    01-07-08 12:41 PM
    how do you do that?
    I am with Telus as well.

Yesterday my 8130 stopped recieving email, I tested and confirmed it wasn't working... I turned it on and off several times, but was too busy to deal with it further.

This morning the radio stopped working, and I couldn't get it to connect.

removed battery for a minute... and now it works??
    Schteevie... Look thru here.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/all...ailable-13470/

By pulling your battery you are preforming a hard reset which seems to clear a lot of problems.
    01-07-08 02:37 PM
    Blackberry.com states a "master reset" is what you would call a wipe.
    02-18-08 03:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD