starting today, i've lost the ability to get online w/ my pearl 8130. i'm running 4.5.0.89. i can get txt msgs, but no internet, email or BB messenger.

i've resent my service books, pulled the battery, under manage connections, the mobile network is checked and its green. on the display screen, i have 4 bars and it's showing 1xev, which is normal (except the 'ev' us usually uppercase). my data services are showing 'on'

edit - also cant connect to google maps

any ideas?

thanks
    dan
    Last edited by redbelly; 11-19-08 at 01:13 AM.
    11-18-08 09:41 PM
    starting today, i've lost the ability to get online w/ my pearl 8130. i'm running 4.5.0.89. i can get txt msgs, but no internet, email or BB messenger.

i've resent my service books, pulled the battery, under manage connections, the mobile network is checked and its green. on the display screen, i have 4 bars and it's showing 1xev, which is normal (except the 'ev' us usually uppercase). my data services are showing 'on'

edit - also cant connect to google maps

any ideas?

thanks
    dan
    You've identified the problem:
    1X.....Non-EVDO w/BB Data Connection
    1x.....Non-EVDO w/No BB Data Connection
    1XEV.....EVDO w/BB Data Connection
    1xev.....EVDO w/No BB Data Connection

Try re-registering your HRT: Options / Advanced Options / Host Routing Table / Menu / Register Now.

If that doesn't work, turn off your data for a few minutes, then turn it back on. Other than that, it looks like you've tried everything else. If this doesn't fix it, call your carrier.
    11-18-08 10:26 PM
    thanks for the help, turning off the data connection worked. i turned it off, soft reset, then turned it back on and it works now.

thanks again
    11-19-08 01:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD