I downloaded opera mini to my BB. However it cant find a connection?? i looked on opera mini's help site and it mentions:

If Opera Mini is unable to connect to the Internet, you will need to set up an appropriate access point on your phone. Opera Mini normally uses an Internet or WAP access point to connect to the Internet. If your phone is not yet configured to use either an Internet or WAP access point, you should configure one now. An Internet access point is usually preferred if possible.

How do i set up an access point? or is there some other way to make it work?? Thanks in advance for your help!
    07-11-08 07:44 PM
    you do have a data plan right?
    07-11-08 08:06 PM
    well im on pay as you go with Fido and they will charge me as I use it
    07-11-08 08:43 PM
    is it activated on your phone? maybe you need to get the data plan on your line.
    07-11-08 10:32 PM
    i have a data plan. when i try connecting using OM an error message comes up saying:

Failed to connect to the internet. GO to operamini.com/help with your desktop browser or contact your service provider for Internet settings
    07-12-08 07:36 PM
    Hi, I have a BB Pearl, I don't have a data plan what I'm able to check the internet using Opera 4.0, My cellphone company is Unicel in Vermont, I found the APN setting on internet, and after putting it in my phone, the internet is working fine, but I can't go further.

Now I have also the Gateway IP
    Port and the MMS Server numbers, but I don't know how to put those in my BB, any ideas?

When I go to the Advanced Options, then Browser, doesn't give the option to type anything, all it says is: Default Browser Configuration

Also, I don't know if the Default encoding for my cell should be ISO-8859-1 or should I choose a different one

Thanks
    Kudos! Thanks!
    07-13-08 08:12 PM
    Hi, I did the same, I download Opera mini on my BB, but you need to find the APN setting for your cellphone company, just tell me which one is it and I'll find it for you.
    All you need to do is go to Settings, then Advanced Options, then TCP, and you put the APN address where it says APN, this changes according to your phone company, and then you shoulb be all set to go online
    Mali
    07-13-08 08:17 PM
    i have a data plan. when i try connecting using OM an error message comes up saying:

Failed to connect to the internet. GO to operamini.com/help with your desktop browser or contact your service provider for Internet settings
    Your error message is telling you exactly what you need to do. Contact Fido and make sure they activate the data plan. You may be on a pay as you go, but it seems that it isn't activated. If it is then ask them for the settings, open OM and use the menu button to go to options and place the settings in there.
    07-13-08 08:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD