Hello,

Is there any way (for example, with an add-on application) that my BlackBerry could connect to the Internet through my computer (USB or Bluetooth) instead of using EDGE ?

It would be useful for saving some money when I'm at home or at my office !

Thanks a lot.

Nicolas
    12-22-08 11:54 AM
    There is no way that there is no way this is not possible.I know for a fact that the motorolla q is able to do this with no drivers or 3rd party apps required.
    06-24-09 10:48 PM
    Yes you can, I have been doing so for one year already. I have T-Mobile and alls I had to do was download software to my laptop and then I called their IT people and it was done. Depending on where you are at is how fast it will operate, also I use Bluetooth rather than the data cable to connect (you can use either, but with the cable it is a pain in the **** because you have to have your computer a few feet away from your phone while using it and it becomes sucky) Take care and hopefully I answered your question.
    06-25-09 04:49 PM
    Yes you can, I have been doing so for one year already. I have T-Mobile and alls I had to do was download software to my laptop and then I called their IT people and it was done. Depending on where you are at is how fast it will operate, also I use Bluetooth rather than the data cable to connect (you can use either, but with the cable it is a pain in the **** because you have to have your computer a few feet away from your phone while using it and it becomes sucky) Take care and hopefully I answered your question.
    I believe the queston was internet from PC to the BB, if this is so, please let me know some more details.
    07-02-09 01:02 PM
    Bruno answered it backwards because it's a confounding question. If you have the internet on your PC, why would you want to use your Pearl?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 06:45 PM
    I have searched for a long time now and still do not have an answer. I use to be able to do this on my WM device. There are just some things I would prefer to do on my BB and I would love to be able to use my computer's Internet connection. It would just be faster than 1x (which I am on 10 hours a day...with no EVDO inside the building).

If there is not a current solution, can anyone with knowledge speculate if one could do this through the BB SDK? Perhaps this is something actually worth writing the code for.
    10-03-09 08:12 PM
    NO...........
    10-03-09 10:54 PM
    I have searched for a long time now and still do not have an answer. I use to be able to do this on my WM device. There are just some things I would prefer to do on my BB and I would love to be able to use my computer's Internet connection. It would just be faster than 1x (which I am on 10 hours a day...with no EVDO inside the building).

If there is not a current solution, can anyone with knowledge speculate if one could do this through the BB SDK? Perhaps this is something actually worth writing the code for.
    If you had WiFi, you could use the web through your PC. Without it, there just isn't the possibility, at least not presently.
    10-03-09 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD