So my dad had a pearl laying around because it wasnt working due to a washing machine accident. I randomly tried to turn it on and it worked. But it seems to only work for about 2 days and then starts doing what it was doing after the accident. It will turn on but the screen and buttons just light up and it does nothing after that. And the only way to get it to turn off is by taking the battery out. I really like blackberrys so i really wanna get this one working. Any suggestions would be great, except buying a new one.
    04-23-09 08:10 PM
    Buy another one as the one you are using appears to be water
    damaged beyond repair.
    04-23-09 11:05 PM
    Dang, Thank you for the reply.
    04-24-09 04:06 PM
    Do you wish to sell?
    04-25-09 09:05 AM
    Once a phone is water damaged, there is really no fixing it. I always hate when customers come in and say no it's not the water that's the problem cause everything else works great. Not really, it's still water damaged and many phone will be affected differently. About the only thing you can do is hope and cross your fingers.

This is going to sound crazy, but put your phone in the freezer for a day. Take it out and lay it right side up. DO NOT USE IT RIGHT AWAY because the parts will be brittle and break. Give it a while to completely dry out.

People always say to leave it in the sun, but extreme heat is bad for a phone.

This is no promise it will work, but I've seen it work more than once. **** more than 5 times, so why not give it a shot. The freezer kind of deep freezes the moisture out of it.
    04-25-09 09:54 AM
    After rereading your post, the freezer trick will not help. It's already been plenty long enough to dry out and the phone has already been turned on. NVM.
    04-25-09 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD