just two questions.

1 - battery life. i have read horror stories concerning the 8220 and 8230's battery life. i know there are ways to help extend the battery life of any blackberry device. i am not a heavy web surfer and i get an average amount of e-mails. most of my phone calls are brief as i tend to text more. is the pearl flip's battery life worse than any other blackberry device or does it match up equally to other devices? (ok. so that makes three questions).

2 - for those in the know, is the pearl flip a device that will see it's removal from the market very soon? i have seen that the pearl flip does not have that many accessories and such compared to it's brothers and sisters. is that any indication that the pearl flip is just a "phase" in the blackberry market?

i am partial to clam shell type phones. that's why i am drawn to it.....clam shell design and it's a blackberry. i just dont want to make a decision to get one if the "black sheep" of the blackberry world is going to be saying "bye bye" in the very near future.

thanks
    11-09-09 08:48 PM
    Perhaps I am a lucky one who got a great flip. My battery recently lasted from a Monday night through a Wed evening. There is no way that would ever happen with my storm. I too talk very little on the phone but text a lot. I also received and responded to a few emails as well.
    I was visiting a friend in NYC through this period of time and forgot my charger. Being on a short vacation I'm sure I wasn't web surfing as often, but I have no complaints with the battery life on my flip.

I cant help you with your second question.

Cliffs notes: my flip battery MURDERS my storm battery.
    11-09-09 10:02 PM
    As far as the black sheep thing. I think we'll be seeing an new flip model. I don't see any reason or incentive for BB to discontinue it. Besides the storm it's the biggest consumer draw they have. The problem was limiting it to tmobile for so long. If they had launched with verizon and tmobile from the get go it would be a different story as far as total popularity and available accesories and what not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 11:30 PM
    just two questions.

1 - battery life. i have read horror stories concerning the 8220 and 8230's battery life. i know there are ways to help extend the battery life of any blackberry device. i am not a heavy web surfer and i get an average amount of e-mails. most of my phone calls are brief as i tend to text more. is the pearl flip's battery life worse than any other blackberry device or does it match up equally to other devices? (ok. so that makes three questions).

2 - for those in the know, is the pearl flip a device that will see it's removal from the market very soon? i have seen that the pearl flip does not have that many accessories and such compared to it's brothers and sisters. is that any indication that the pearl flip is just a "phase" in the blackberry market?

i am partial to clam shell type phones. that's why i am drawn to it.....clam shell design and it's a blackberry. i just dont want to make a decision to get one if the "black sheep" of the blackberry world is going to be saying "bye bye" in the very near future.

thanks
    Battery life on mine is good, I use mine everyday via voice and emailing and at the end of my evening, I still have 1/2 charge, I've never run down the entire battery before, I usually charge it for an hour at night and it's good for the next day.

As for the longevity of this model, the 8220 Flip is discontinued I believe, correct me if I'm wrong. I talked to my Rogers rep and they said they aren't making the flip anymore. That said, it doesn't mean it's a bad phone, I believe the audience they were looking for in the Flip is just not there. Which strikes me as odd because the Pearl candy bar version was a huge success.

I love my 8220 so far, my Curve 8310 is sitting here collection cob webs Good to have for backup though.
    11-10-09 09:48 AM
    My 8220 is amazing with battery life. I use it extensively. Voice, SMS, Data. The works. My only complaint is that mine takes ridiculously long to reboot from a battery pull (like 10 minutes!!!).

I really hope that the pearl flip will have a successor.

But as far as smart flips go.... Winmo had a couple a few years back with HTC and Motorola. And we didn't see any more of those. It seems that the open faced full keyboard models are way too popular unfortunately.
    11-11-09 06:41 PM
    My 8220 is amazing with battery life. I use it extensively. Voice, SMS, Data. The works. My only complaint is that mine takes ridiculously long to reboot from a battery pull (like 10 minutes!!!).

I really hope that the pearl flip will have a successor.

But as far as smart flips go.... Winmo had a couple a few years back with HTC and Motorola. And we didn't see any more of those. It seems that the open faced full keyboard models are way too popular unfortunately.
    That's weird, everyone seem to have long battery pull reboot times, mine takes max like 5 minutes, if that.
    11-11-09 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD