I'm REALLY new and not knowledgeable at all about my Blackberry. I downloaded ColorPearl and now my browser icon has disappeared. I don't know how to get it back. HELP!!!!
    02-17-08 10:19 AM
    Are you sure it's not hidden?

From the main screen with the icons, press menu / show all. Now look for it...
    02-17-08 10:22 AM
    nope....I tried that already.
    And I'm not able to look at any of my pictures now either.
    02-17-08 10:32 AM
    Two more things you can try...

With the BB powered on, remove the battery for a few seconds, then put it back in. If that doesn't fix it, log into AT&T's BIS site and resend your service books. If you don't know the address just do a search.
    02-17-08 10:37 AM
    Removing the battery did no good. I tried resending the service books. The site says that they have been sent but I haven't received anything. I think I'm just going to use Desktop Manager to restore it back to what it was BEFORE colorpearl. I don't need a colored ball THAT badly.
    Last edited by ekozy1; 02-17-08 at 11:05 AM.
    02-17-08 10:57 AM
    crap....just tried to restore everything and I still have the same problem
    02-17-08 11:36 AM
    That could mean it is a problem on AT&Ts end.
    02-17-08 11:38 AM
    So there is no way for me to fix this? I have lost my media viewer and internet browser.
    02-17-08 11:46 AM
    First of all calm down and stop worrying. I still think this has something to do with the provisioning or service books for your phone.

Go to Menu > Manage Connections > Services Status

You will see a screen similar to mine:

Under BlackBerry Internet Service it should say Connection: Mobile Network, just like mine does. If it doesn't then it is most likely a provisioning issue or you are missing a service book. I would recommend that you call AT&T if that is the case.
    02-17-08 11:54 AM
    I am not sure what menu you went into, but nothing in my phone resembles that menu you showed me. I am still able to access my Facebook application, which means it's connected to the internet. I am going to contact AT&T on Monday and figure this out....I'm at a loss without my internet!!!
    Thanks for everyone's help though!

[EDIT] I downloaded the newest OS for the phone and everything works fine now.
    Last edited by ekozy1; 02-18-08 at 12:52 PM.
    02-17-08 11:21 PM
    My browser is gone! I have the menu as you show above but now I'm screwed. I may end up having to delete the desktop and start over. Yikes!
    03-27-08 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD