I down loaded the color pearl program for my 8100, I am wondering if anyone knows how to turn off the white LED??
    Last edited by cold_steel; 12-10-08 at 02:19 PM.
    12-10-08 02:05 PM
    If using OS 4.2, go to Options > ColorPearl then click the option for color and pick the color you want. Press menu then save!
    If using OS 4.5, uninstall ColorPearl and download BlingBall.
    12-10-08 04:28 PM
    I am able to change the color, I just want to turn off the white LED when the color is set to blue to make it a darker blue. Any ideas??
    12-10-08 04:44 PM
    I believe its an LED for the keyboard backlight that washes out the pearl color. I've noticed when the keyboard lights shut off, the color of the pearl gets real nice and dark. I havent seen a way to modify this though.
    12-10-08 10:23 PM
    yeah i wish that was possible too, but like Gammaxgoblin said it turns on when the light of the keyboard turns on so i dont think there is anyway
    12-10-08 10:32 PM
    That was my thought, I played aound with it for a while and decided to color the white LED with a pen. The key pad still lights up as usual and the colored LED's are showing through nice and bright no matter what color I set it on.
    12-11-08 07:55 AM
    It is what it is....
    12-11-08 10:56 PM
    I think that the key board LED is seperate from the trackball LED. Once I colored over the one for the track ball, it made the colors darker and they look way better. I think that the key board is seperate because the color and brighness of the keyboard did not change at all.
    12-14-08 05:53 PM
    This happens cuz the keyboard is lit up and that turns th multi-colored LED full on and it goes white. When the keyboard goes dark, then the pretty colors appear.
    12-14-08 06:21 PM
    Now when I had color pearl this wasn't an issue that I can remember. With 4.5 and blingball it is. There are four led's under the pearl, what I did and I learned it by searching here at crackberry, is i removed the pearl and placec a small price of electric tape over the white led. If you search you should be able to find the process. I think John Clark posted it.

Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD