i just bought my new 8130 (verizon) today and i am in LOVE! i thought my brother said it could be done (he has the 8830), but i can't figure it out, or maybe he was mistaken. what i want to do is color code my calender, like you can do in outlook and how i had my palm set up. for years i've sworn by just looking at the month at a glance and knowing what was going on that day without actually having to open anything. can i do this with my pearl or am i out of luck?
    02-27-08 08:39 PM
    I found how to change the color of the calendar overall, but not the individual appointments. I'd be interested as well.
    02-28-08 01:12 AM
    VZWBBnewb, you changed the entire calenders color? or just the appointment color?

I can only figure out how to change the appointment color, but if it's possible to change the actual calender color.. please explain

..i bet it's theme controlled though
    02-28-08 01:18 AM
    VZWBBnewb, you changed the entire calenders color? or just the appointment color?

I can only figure out how to change the appointment color, but if it's possible to change the actual calender color.. please explain

This is a totally lame shortcoming of the BB calendar that I too have not found a solution to. I used it on my Palm's, and I use it in Outlook too. It really gives you a good idea of what's going on with a snapshot glance... Business stuff in green, workouts in red, personal in blue, etc. If RIM is not going to include their own contact manager, and they just support Outlook- then they need to fully support Outlook, by allowing such a very basic feature to sync over to the device.

Are you listening RIM???????
    02-28-08 10:32 AM

Can you please explain how to change the appointment colour?

Thanks
    02-28-08 08:48 PM
    Each email address on a BB with O.S. 4.3 is associated with a calendar. When you save an appointment you can save it to a different calendar, this is where you can change the color of the calendar. But right now you can only sync the default calendar in the BB. Hopefully when BB Unite comes out you will be able to sync multiple calendars.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Unite!
    02-28-08 09:05 PM
    Can you please explain how to change the appointment colour?

Thanks
    calender> options> you should see 'general options' and underneath that 'calendars' and a colored square with your calendar name, select the colored square. From there you can change your appointment color.
    02-28-08 09:39 PM
    calender> options> you should see 'general options' and underneath that 'calendars' and a colored square with your calendar name, select the colored square. From there you can change your appointment color.

I don't think this is what he/she is looking for. This method would require the user to manually change every single appointment on the BB, and wouldn't carry over the correct colors from Outlook, no?
    02-29-08 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD