I noticed that on the home screen, the top quarter of the display (a strip about 1 cm. wide across the top) is slightly lighter than the rest of the screen. This is most apparent on solid color screens, although it's apparent on the default home screen too. If I look at that same image in the photo viewer, the color banding is not present. Is this a known issue, or is it just my unit?
    12-08-07 10:39 AM
    There have in fact been complaints about light variations in the brightness of the screen on the 8130.
    12-08-07 11:00 AM
    I seemed to have lucked out with no band on my pearl but as Berry said, many have experienced this problem. I would contact RIM if I were you, just to let them what's shakin'. Hopefully more people will do this, those with problems and RIM can correct the error.

And if you wanted to, you could probably get it exchanged for another one.
    12-08-07 11:20 AM
    Isn't that the banner section? I think theme developers can adjust the opacity of that banner, where the status indicators like signal and battery strength are displayed. Try different themes.
    12-08-07 01:14 PM
    Isn't that the banner section? I think theme developers can adjust the opacity of that banner, where the status indicators like signal and battery strength are displayed. Try different themes.
    You are correct -- thanks! I guess in the 'Zen' theme, which is what I'm using, the banner section is barely brighter than the rest of the display and so I didn't realize it was intentional.
    12-08-07 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD