I have been reading the posts and trying to conserve my battery power. How do I close applications? It looks like my browser is open. When I do Alt + Esc is shows up. I tried to go to the brower, options and close but that doesn't seem to change anything. I have the pearl 8120.

Thanks!
    05-07-08 09:44 AM
    I just hit menu- scroll down to close- click close. If more apps are open, repeat process by hitting menu, then switch application and close again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-08 09:51 AM
    if you hit alt and the escape key it will show open programs. there are ones that always have to be open they are browser, phone, home screen, address book, and messages
    05-07-08 09:56 AM
    I just hit menu- scroll down to close- click close. If more apps are open, repeat process by hitting menu, then switch application and close again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    using the switch application option kills your memory
    05-07-08 09:56 AM
    I keep doing that but the same things keep coming up in the browser- internet, blackberry messenger, messages, call log. Can I turn them off?
    05-07-08 10:00 AM
    I keep hearing people saying that the switch application option "kills the memory" I have not done a battery pull in about 90 days or a reset. I use the app switcher. My curve is set to clean the memory every time I hjolster it. I am running with approx 10 meg free all the time. The memory cleaning can be done from within Options-Security-Memory cleaning. if you want to do it manually. Seems to work for me.
    05-07-08 10:10 AM
    I keep doing that but the same things keep coming up in the browser- internet, blackberry messenger, messages, call log. Can I turn them off?
    no you cannot
    05-07-08 10:16 AM
    if you hit alt and the escape key it will show open programs. there are ones that always have to be open they are browser, phone, home screen, address book, and messages
    I guess that explains why I could never get them to close. Day 7, still learning.
    After trying this, I see that Alt+Esc cant be done one-handed. Switching can.

using the switch application option kills your memory
    Havent noticed any loss of memory.
    05-07-08 10:50 AM
    Some tasks need to be open just for the phone to run.

It is exactly the same as on your PC when you hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and see the 40 odd tasks that are permanently running on your PC to make it permanently run
    05-07-08 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD