I am very peeved with my little SD card. I am not able to put anything on it via the media manager at all! I have even tried taking it out and putting it on my computer and dragging things straight to it and it does not show up on my PC. I have so many drives on my computer that I am not sure if that is the problem. I have my C and D drive and then a bunch of removable that are there when I click on my computer but I do not use any of them E,G,H,I and J. They are just there and the PC came with it that way.
    Anyways I am not able to put music on via the media manager because it says there is not enough room and I have moved everything other than what came on the phone to the media card via the bb and still nada!! There is obviously something I am doing wrong and I just am not sure what. The card is the right size it is a 1GB so it is not too big for my pearl. The card is formatted, media car support on, encryption none, Mass storage support on, mode when connected prompt. I have changed the mode when connected to see if that helps and nothing so I have it on what the default was when I got the card. Any ideas anyone? My PC is a HP running XP and only a year old.
    02-25-08 05:59 PM
    try this - unplug the bb from the pc, go to my computer take a note of all the drives there then close. Now plug in the bb with the sd card in the bb go to my computer again and you should either see a new drive letter or even your bb model if so drag and drop to it.
    To see if it has worked unplug bb and go to media make sure music (if it is music you are sending) is highlighted then click menu key and select explore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-08 06:35 PM
    there is no extra drive whether the bb is on or off and I have looked when the bb is connected and not connected. All the same drives are there either way- this is why I am frustrated. I just went and looked again and nothing
    02-25-08 06:55 PM
    I can understand why you are frustrated and I am afraid that I do not know what else to suggest.
    Could you try a friends pc?

02-25-08 06:59 PM
    lolol....... ** hum!! I can find a pc to do this but want to figure out why my pc will not recognize my card. I do not want to have to hunt a pc down everytime I want to put something on my SD card. Oh well I will keep searching on the internet and other sites until I can figure out what the deal is. A question though when you go to your media manager then go to tools and then options and then on the blackberry tab what drive does yours say? Mine wants to automatically go to G but there is nothing on that drive.
    02-25-08 07:06 PM
    I know it would be very inconvenient but it may help narrow down where the problem is as if it didn't work on a friends pc either them maybe your pc is not the problem.
    Obviously you can tell that I am no pc expert but it is what I would do.
    Just trying to help

02-25-08 07:16 PM
    My media manager doesn't show my card either so I just drag & drop stuff from pc & the removeable drive I get is E

02-25-08 07:20 PM
    Try This

1. Make sure desktop manager is not open

2. Plug the device into the PC using the usb cord

3. A pop up box will open, select Open folder to view files using Windows Explorer

4. Minimize this window (click the - in the upper right hand corner)

5. Open another instance of Windows Explorer

a) Start Menu >> Windows Explorer

6. Navigate to the folder where the file(s) you want to transfer are located

7. Right mouse click on the file(s) and select Copy

8. Open the minimized window (from step 4 above)

9. Navigate to the folder where you want to save the file

10. Right mouse click and select paste

11. The file is now on the microSD card
    02-25-08 07:43 PM
    nothing happens when I plug the bb in using the usb cord. No box opens at all?
    02-25-08 08:04 PM
    I wanted to say thank you to those of you that are trying to help me with this pain in the **** issue and it seems from reading on different forums that I am not the only one that has this issue. Anyways I took the mini card out of my bb and put it in the micro sd and then put it in my kids pc- read it just fine on theirs but not mine- both are less than a year old so go figure!
    I then plugged my flash drive into my computer and took off all the music from my pc and put it on the drive then plugged that into my kids computer and then put it on my card then went and put it back in my bb and it is all there. I guess I will have to do that everytime because my kids do not have all the music and photos that I have on my pc on theirs and they do not have internet access for me to just email stuff. They just have a pc for school projects. Sigh....... atleast I got some new stuff on there for now.
    02-25-08 08:43 PM
    Hi did you recently buy your phone? We just bought ours and were having the same issues. My sister bought hers at the same time and hers worked fine. We did EVERYTHING to troubleshoot it. I put her phone on all of my comps and they would recognize her phone and media card in both the media manager and as a drive under My Computer.

I could put my media card in her phone and no problem as well. I put my phone in and zilch. We have the same exact settings, it just would never recognize it as mass storage. Even with her media card in mine. After a week of searching for answers, different software, hours on the phone with tech support and BB tech support, Zilch.

I took the phone back today and got a replacement. Guess what. Works perfect right off the bat. I just think some of us got lemons.
    02-26-08 09:03 PM
    I have had mine for a couple of months but just recently got the media card. I tried it on my kids pc and it works fine but not mine. It does not recognize it at all. I am not sure what the problem is but I will have to try and work around it and it is a huge pain in the **** and I will not probably load new ringtones or songs often because I am impatient.
    When my husband is due for an upgrade on his phone in a couple of months I think I am going to try the curve and see what I think. I did not get it at the time I got my pearl because I was going from a small flip to the pearl but now it does not seem so big so maybe I will like the curve better if not then he can have the curve and I will take the pearl back. Hopefully when I get a new phone that one will work. Who knows!!
    02-26-08 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD