I have a lot of them how do I delete bookmarks?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-08 01:50 PM
    open your browser...highlight bookmarks>press trackballscroll to specific bookmark>menu key>delete bookmark..

-db
    04-29-08 01:57 PM
    I have no problem deleting bookmarks that I have added myself, but it does not give me the same option to delete any of the bookmarks that came preloaded in my BB browser. Such as BB Help and all of the Media Net stuff.

I never use any of these and the additional folders just cause clutter. Is there anyway to get rid of these?

Thanks.
    08-18-08 12:45 AM
    ive been wondering this myself. those bookmarks are just annoying!
    08-18-08 12:58 PM
    don't think so but you should have a hide option in the menu
    08-18-08 01:02 PM
    Yeah, thanks, but it didn't work.

I do have an option to hide, but that just hides the actual browser and returns me to my home screen. When I go back into the browser, the bookmarks are still there.

Any other ideas?
    08-18-08 01:27 PM
    There have easy way, just connect your blackberry to computer, open desktop manager, on the "Backup/restore" have a manager, you can cleanup bookmark just one click
    08-20-08 08:33 AM
    There have easy way, just connect your blackberry to computer, open desktop manager, on the "Backup/restore" have a manager, you can cleanup bookmark just one click
    I just tried this and it screwed me.

The desktop manager does give you the option to clear the bookmarks, but it doesn't allow you to choose which bookmarks you can clear. I had about 40 personal bookmarks besides the preloaded ones that I wanted to clear.

So I thought, what the hey, might as well clear everything out now and then go through the process of adding my personal ones by themselves again. I knew it would be a painstaking process, but I figured I'd at least get rid of those preloaded bookmarks before I have a ton of more personal bookmarks added.

But after clearing the bookmarks in the desktop manager, I went back into my BB browser and all it did was clear all of my personal bookmarks! And it kept all of the preloaded bookmarks that I was trying to get rid of in the first place!

So now I am at square one again trying to get rid of the preloaded bookmarks, and don't even have any of my personal ones. Ugh.

That's what I get for taking advice from somebody who is more of a newbie than I am.

Any experts out there that can help me?
    08-20-08 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD