Hello! I am a new BB Pearl user...a friend of mine is letting me have theirs b/c they now have an iPhone. I don't have a manual or anything for the phone...I don't even have a wall charger--my friend gave me a car charger that is actually for the Motorola SLVR (it actually works but I haven't been in the car for a long enough period to charge it completely)...my brother just bought a BB Curve and gave me the USB cable to use to charge my BB Pearl.

Okay...now to my question...How do you know if the BB is charging correctly? My battery is down to the red part and when I plug it into the computer with the USB cable, the plug icon appears next to the battery. My BB has been plugged in now for a good 30 minutes, but the battery still shows red. Is my BB charging correctly? I thought that if the plug icon was visible that the device was charging correctly. Please help!! Thank you
    07-18-08 08:28 PM
    You are correct. Charging with the UBS is at a slower rate than a wall charger and even more slower than a car charger.

Have paitence.

Welcome to CB.
    07-18-08 08:31 PM
    when i plug my BB in with a charger that isn't made from blackberry, I too never see the plugged in symbol,,, but it still does,,,

it is recommenced that you do not let your BB's battery drain to its dead,,, keep it charged with make the battery last longer
    07-18-08 08:33 PM
    BB loves it quick"Top Off" charge. like your car in gas, keep it in a safe range. full but never empty. Dont be afraid to charge over night, once it is full the phone stops charging to protect itself from over charging and damage. Cheers
    07-18-08 09:33 PM
    Okay...now to my question...How do you know if the BB is charging correctly? My battery is down to the red part and when I plug it into the computer with the USB cable, the plug icon appears next to the battery. My BB has been plugged in now for a good 30 minutes, but the battery still shows red. Is my BB charging correctly? I thought that if the plug icon was visible that the device was charging correctly. Please help!! Thank you
    Hi, I also have the same problem, but I'm using my wall charger to plug in the phone. My battery is also down to the red part and I see a plug icon, but no "charge" symbol that the manual says I should have. Why don't I see that icon? (It's supposed to be a picture of a battery and a little lightning symbol next to it) So should I assume it still indeed is charging? Thanks!
    08-02-08 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD