Ok, well I am not the one with the Blackberry, but I bought a Pearl for my mother last christmas. So far, she has loved it, even pledging to forgo any other brand of phone for now on. Anyways, earlier she plugged it in to charge it with the Blackberry Wall Charger and 4 hours later, it still shows a low battery. I figured it was a problem with the charger itself so I dugg up a spare charger and plugged it into the Blackberry. No luck. I figured it would at least charge it when connected to the computer, and it did, showing the "charging" icon next to the battery. However, after 3 consecutive attempts at and 3 different wall sockets, the BlackBerry refuses to charge with any wall charger. Any help? Thanks!
    05-13-08 01:15 AM
    Any help would be appreciated.
    05-13-08 04:49 PM
    I am also having the same problem and have become very frustrated with the situtation, to the point im thinking of ditching the device all together. Please can anyone help!
    06-19-08 10:00 PM
    Its not the device.... The best I can figure would be a defective battery. Get a new battery, try it out, and see if that doesn't help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-08 10:07 PM
    Its not the device.... The best I can figure would be a defective battery. Get a new battery, try it out, and see if that doesn't help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ditto...If it was the USB port, you wouldn't have gotten any type of charging prompt from the device. Sounds like the battery is a dud. Not completely ruling out the USB, I've had one break on me and stop charging. I had to take it back to the service center. They replaced my device with a refurbished one.
    06-19-08 10:15 PM
    Take the phone to the local store, be nice.

BE NICE!

Explain the situation to the customer service rep NICELY.
    Tell them how you bought it for your dear mother and she can't even use the phone because it came shipped with a bad battery.

Most stores will just give you a free one and/or swap the bad one with a good one free of charge.

Dm
    06-20-08 02:56 PM
    I have the same issue and feel it is not the battery but it is the charging logic. I can go through a sequence of removing battery and turning off and it will accept a charge. The icon comes on all the time but it is very tempermental as to when it will take the charge on board. The battery lasts for a day or more after triggering a full charge. I have not been able to figure out what triggers the accepting of the charge, but Alltel is shipping me a new phone in a week or more. Any Advice?
    07-29-08 07:34 PM
    I have the same issue and feel it is not the battery but it is the charging logic. I can go through a sequence of removing battery and turning off and it will accept a charge. The icon comes on all the time but it is very tempermental as to when it will take the charge on board. The battery lasts for a day or more after triggering a full charge. I have not been able to figure out what triggers the accepting of the charge, but Alltel is shipping me a new phone in a week or more. Any Advice?
    The most consistent and reliable way to charge a phone is with a wall charger. PC USB ports often don't deliver the full voltage and current needed to charge a phone. Car power adapters are even less reliable. There's also the possibility the charging circuit in the phone is barely within spec. If you pair an underperforming power source with a marginal charging circuit, you could easily have erratic charging performance. I would have suggested trying a new charger, then a new battery, before replacing the phone. But if Alltel is shipping a new phone anyway, you should be ok. If it shows the same problems, definitely get a new charger.
    07-29-08 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD