When I purchased my BB Pearl 8130 the sales person told me that my charger (Motorola SPN5185 B) from my old Razr would not work. In a desperate moment a friend lent me this charger and it appears to work. Am I at risk of damaging my Pearl by using this charger? The salesman did not try to sell me another charger because the phone came with one. Can I use this charger?

Thank you to everyone in advance for your help!
    04-30-09 09:07 AM
    good question, i wondered the same thing. i couldn't find an answer and it seemed to work so i just went ahead and used the other charger. i have 3 different chargers (only 1 made by rim) and 2 different usb cables that i use to charge my phone and have never had an issue in the 2 years that i have had my berry. so i think your probably ok.

c_a_m
    04-30-09 02:22 PM
    agreed, in desperation one day recently (I was traveling and realized I had forgotten my wall charger) I charged my Pearl with the car charger from my old Razr. worked just fine, but seemed to charge slower and the charge didn't last as long. luckily once I got to my destination my friend owns a bb so I used her wall charger.
    04-30-09 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD