The charge port on my Pearl broken so it won't charge. Is there any other way to charge the Pearl via the contacts on the back?
    11-01-08 07:12 PM
    My Pearl's mini USB port broke. I ordered a new cradle charger but I needed my phone in the mean time. This is what I did:

- Took a USB cable cut off the end opposite PC end

- Removed the outter sheeth to expose inner wires

- Took Red(+) and Black(-) wires and expose their inner wire (you won't need the others)

- On the back I tapped Red(+) wire end to right contact and Black(-) to the left contact

- Plugged USB into PC

- Checked the screen and the charge icon was up and charging like normal
    11-01-08 09:50 PM
    how are you keeping them connected to to the phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-08 09:53 PM
    I used electrical tape. You could probably secure the wires with the battery cover too. I hope this helps.
    11-01-08 10:40 PM
    The charge port on my Pearl broken so it won't charge. Is there any other way to charge the Pearl via the contacts on the back?
    Go to a T-Mobile store and buy a charging pod. Only thing is you will lose the
    ability to use Desktop Manager to sync, add apps and themes, or upgrade the OS
    11-01-08 10:49 PM
    $7

Right ag?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-08 10:50 PM
    i had the same problem. my usb port broke, due to someone lodging a piece of metal into it.

i had to buy a charging cradle. i got mine for like 20 bucks?

i want to replace the broken usb port, but have no idea as to where to begin. have you thought of anything?
    11-03-08 08:58 PM
    There are some online stores that you can send your phone to and they will fix many common problems such as a broken charging port and some more difficult ones. Question is can you get along without it for a week or two or however long it takes? A quick google search should give you a big handful of results.
    11-03-08 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD